The Classic Electric Company Memories Thread

Xerus

Reaction score
Hey @Xerus , do you know what we forgot?

A Very Short Book.
Usually reserved for the last segment of the show, great spoofs on nursery rhymes, from Season 2 onward.
Everybody got a chance to narrate, everybody got a chance to act.

My favorite was Cosby as Old King Cole.
Old King Cole was a merry old soul, and a merry old soul was he (throwing confetti and blowing party horns).

He called for his pipe and he called for his bowl (to blow bubbles).

And he called for his fiddlers three. In comes June Angela miming a snatch of the TEC theme on a violin.

Cosby(with marbles in his mouth): "You're not the meufjkktev())$@?:;$ fiddlers three!"
June: "I know! I'm a fiddler nine-and-a-half, going on ten!"

The look Cosby gives us is priceless.

The End
And Joe Raposo, nice celesta playing. Sounds like a music box.
I especially love the Cinderella book where Cinderella and the Prince were dancing, until it was midnight, and Cinderella turned into a pumpkin. And the Prince was dancing around with the pumpkin, not realizing she had changed.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I really love those street sign songs they sometimes do.
These sign songs were Clark Gesner's specialty. On Sesame Street he kept busy with the 30 dots (I love the one where one dot turns red, and the last dot blows him the raspberry) and other transition spots. No dialogue needed.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Ah, the 70's. The one thing I hated about growing up then were the clothes. Some were okay, most were ugly! And everything was made out of polyester. Very uncomfortable in the summer. Made you sweat like a pig.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Ah, the 70's. The one thing I hated about growing up then were the clothes. Some were okay, most were ugly! And everything was made out of polyester. Very uncomfortable in the summer. Made you sweat like a pig.
I bet you were like that!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I bet you were like that!
I didn't have much choice. Most of my clothes were my brother's hand-me-downs. Plaid pants. I hated them with a passion. That's why I enjoyed playing outside in the mud and getting them dirty.

Unlike cotton, polyester is made from petroleum. Oil. It doesn't breathe, it was itchy. But that was the fashion back then.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I didn't have much choice. Most of my clothes were my brother's hand-me-downs. Plaid pants. I hated them with a passion. That's why I enjoyed playing outside in the mud and getting them dirty.

Unlike cotton, polyester is made from petroleum. Oil. It doesn't breathe, it was itchy. But that was the fashion back then.
I don’t blame you and can see why.