The Cleveland Show likely to be cancelled

Drtooth

Reaction score
The show really took a hit the past season. It think they knew they were getting canned and just really don't care. It's been demoted to the same 7:30 slot that killed KOTH (yet it ran for seasons afterward, as the episode count was split up, making a production season 2 or 3 broadcast seasons). The 3rd season is going to be burn on demand with no features (ouch), and they've been running extra episodes the past month to burn through them, so they don't have to air them next season. Not to mention the fact that all the other Fox cartoons were renewed months ago.

The show wasn't as bad as everyone says it is. It's certainly more enjoyable than Family Guy has been. Cleveland is far more likable as a character than Peter Griffin (the newly founded sociopathic tendencies, aside would someone please tell them that the recurring gag where Peter inexplicably behaves like a slow witted 5 year old stopped being funny seasons ago?) Rallo is far funnier than Stewie (who turned into a Sideshow Mel character too many times- i.e. he has a funny voice and says funny things)... and the overall writing that doesn't need to be augmented with cutscenes. Especially since FG abandoned the actually funny pop culture based ones, and now feature some weird inside joke or Peter doing something even stupider than usual. FG, while it has the occasional good episode, has devolved into "Peter gets obsessed with something for the first half of the show."

That said, surprised they're still doing the (superior to all of them) American Dad, considering it's been on 10 years and garners NO merchandise. The show's a long runner that's completely under-appreciated compared to the main series.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
And it was just announced that The Cleveland Show will get the 9-10 PM timeslot on Saturdays and Sundays on CN as part of Adult Swim.

BTW: Heh, guess that would make American Dad the San Antonio Spurs of Fox's animated lineup. Constantly proven to be far superior yet completely underappreciated in its long-standing greatness.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The show had T-shirts and stickers, and buttons and like that. Just one bendy figure set was the only toy related stuff it had. And those ALL came out first season. 9 seasons later... not even a shirt.

The Cleveland Show actually has plush toys somewhere (Cleveland, Rollo, Junior, and of course Tim). I'm guessing crane machines.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It's sad that this is ending. Why couldn't it be American Dad instead???

The show had T-shirts and stickers, and buttons and like that. Just one bendy figure set was the only toy related stuff it had. And those ALL came out first season. 9 seasons later... not even a shirt.

The Cleveland Show actually has plush toys somewhere (Cleveland, Rollo, Junior, and of course Tim). I'm guessing crane machines.
I had never noticed the lack of American Dad merchandise, but I also hadn't noticed that there has been Cleveland Show merchandise. Interesting that Tim has been a toy, as he doesn't seem to be a very interesting character.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The plush toys were up on Cleveland Show Wiki.... Lemme see if I can look them up.

They only have a picture of Rallo I swear they had the ones I mentioned. But I was right about them being carnival prizes.

Somehow Tim was supposed to be the show's resident thing that talks that isn't supposed to talk, but once Seth left to do Ted, the character was recast, but was demoted to background and one line per episode.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Somehow Tim was supposed to be the show's resident thing that talks that isn't supposed to talk, but once Seth left to do Ted, the character was recast, but was demoted to background and one line per episode.
I had no idea Seth MacFarlan left the show. But it seems that even early on Tim wasn't as interesting as Stewie, Brian, or Roger (I don't find Klaus too interesting at all, either).

Drtooth

Reaction score
The angle of Tim being a devote Christian got very tired very quickly. I don't really think they had that much to do with the character after that. Though Seth's involvement seems to be just that character's voice and some doctor that didn't appear frequently anyway.

It really was Mike Henry's show.

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
Honestly, I wish all of his shows would end (even American Dad, which I used to enjoy). Just my two cents....

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know something? He does too. He's done that, now he wants to move on.

But seriously... I love how Seth gets all the blame for The Cleveland Show. He barely has anything to do with it. Especially now, since his 2 characters have been recast. The opening to the Return of the Jedi parody was a long rant about how the studio forced him to make a third one. And that wasn't a joke. They did. They so did. They wouldn't let him leave to shoot Ted until the staff did the ROTJ parody.