The closing themes of Sesame Street

ssetta

Reaction score
The Count announces the sponsors to Maria, and it is the regular harmonica music.

gutchman

Reaction score
but, ssetta, does episode 2291 end at nighttime or not? Like, is Maria about to go sleep until the count calls her in the apartment? What's the scoop?

ssetta

Reaction score
It ends at nighttime, but Maria is not about to go to sleep.

gutchman

Reaction score
ssetta, how do you know all the answers to these questions I'm asking you about these endings of sesame street episodes from the 80s? Everytime

ssetta

Reaction score
Because I've seen all the episodes, and I have a very good memory. I see you're new to this forum, but I have been a fan of Sesame Street for pretty much my whole life. How old are you, and how long have you been a fan of the show?

gutchman

Reaction score
ssetta, I'm not currently a fan of Sesame Street, but some of the old-school skits and songs from that show are fun to watch on youtube. I'd say I was a fan of the show from late 80's to the early 90's. Right now I'm 23 years old

gutchman

Reaction score
ssetta, I have a question about the ending of episode 2257, where Luis got new glasses. From the this picture on muppet wikia, it looks like Oscar is annoncing the sponsors and CTW notice at the end of the episode, but I'm not sure if that's right. Is it Oscar who announces the sponsors at the end of that episode?

gutchman

Reaction score
ssetta, I have a question about the closing music from the 1992-93 season of Sesame Street. I know the opening theme, closing credits music, and funding credits music were changed to calypso that season. But according to LincolnHeights, the harmonica music at the beginning and end of each episode still remained throughout most of this season until the last few weeks of this season when the harmonica music was changed to calypso. Yet episode 3123, which was within the last few weeks of the season, had the harmonica theme playing at the end.

Here's my question:
Which episode numbers from this season featured the calypso music playing while the episode sponsors (and CTW notice on Mon-Thurs) were announced?

ssetta

Reaction score
3117 was the first episode that had the new calypso music. 3118 had the original. 3119 and 3120 both had the calypso music. 3121 had the original. 3122 actually didn't have the theme playing, it had special music. 3123 (as you said) and 3124 had the harmonica music. 3125 and 3126 had the calypso. 3127 was the very last episode with the harmonica music. 3128 and 3131 both had special versions of the theme, but all the rest had the calypso music. I'm guessing that the episodes in there that had the harmonica music must have been put together earlier, and they aired them out of order.