1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The Colbert Report - Roosevelt Franklin is the Greatest American "Roosevelt"

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by theprawncracker, Sep 25, 2008.

1. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

That's right. Stephen Colbert has declared Sesame Street's own Roosevelt Franklin as America's greatest "Roosevelt." Since the contest between Franklin Roosevelt and Theodore Roosevelt ended in a tie... the obvious choice (to Stephen Colbert, anyway) was Roosevelt Franklin. "Sesame Street's borderline-racist Muppet from the 1970's..." Stephen even displayed Roosevelt's "oratorical skills" with a clip of Roosevelt "EVERYBODY TALK LOUD!" and "Everbody talk soft..."

A WONDERFUL clip and reference! I seriously freaked out! TOO cool!
  2. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

WHAT? Was that on TONIGHT? Sweet, cause that hasn't aired for me yet. Totally watching it in an hour!

I'm sure I've said this before dozens of times, but... I <3 Stephen Colbert.
  3. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Aw dang. Missed it. Now I'll have to watch this when switching away from Elmo's World during the new episode tomorrow morning... Or maybe one of the afternoon airings. Sure hope he doesn't lose that Emmy to Cookie Monster's tummy like the Peabody.
  4. Colbynfriends

Colbynfriends Active Member

No way. Thats awsome, and unexpected. :D
  5. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

I watched it! It was adorable. ^__^ It's funny how he and his writers would include that, let alone even remember him!
  6. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Remember to vote for Roosevelt Franklyn this coming election year. He represents both the blue states, and the red states... In that he is purple.
  7. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Oh-wow-oh-wow! I was watching his show today but missed this part! Those is so awesome and so funny at the same time!:D
  8. shnizzedy

shnizzedy New Member

Roosevelt Franklin got the COLBERT BUMP!

I've had a running gag going about Roosevelt Franklin and Waldorf running for president this year, so I was very shocked/pleased to see Roosevelt Franklin praised on The Colbert Report!

In case anyone is interested, the clip is here along with some pictures I drew and some other "Muppet Election" videos and links...
  9. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

I saw it last night! It was so cute :) He seems to like the Muppets, what with Cookie Monster's appearance and all.
  10. fleecenotfelt

fleecenotfelt Member

oh i'm sure he has a fondness for sesame street -- after all he was the letter Z in "all star alphabet!"
  11. sesameguy

sesameguy Member

That's hillarious. I'm so sorry I missed this. Please tell me that somebody out there has a video of the whole show. I will trade for it!
  12. shnizzedy

shnizzedy New Member

Every episode of the Colbert Report is available on the shows' respective websites.

Here's the one with Roosevelt Fraklin.
  13. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

That is awesome! Roosevelt Franklin gets my vote as the greatest Roosevelt too.
  14. sesameguy

sesameguy Member

Thanks, I'll take a look!