The Count Needs Help! Part 8

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Greetings to all! In the tradition of BlueAM's threads, which were indeed most helpful, I wanted to continue and get some more characters that are either in the back of my memory's vaults or from your own memories as well.
Here are the first few characters I'll ask about.
1 Nick Normal's Dad.
2 The Mary Poppins spoof character, which was built from a female version of the tall orange cylinder-headed AM.
Please post full descripts and proper names for the characters here.
Thanks and hope to hear from you guys soon.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Deanmo, now we have the names for these two characters. But I need descripts of them before adding these to the Muppet Listings. Hmmm, maybe MuppetDude will see this thread tomorrow morning and help out. Of course, anyone else who has descripts and can post them is encouraged to do so.
Hope to hear from you guys soon, and have a good night.

Dantecat

Reaction score
(1)What year was that Mary Poppins Skit?

(2)What's the name of the song she sang?

(3)How good is it?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry Dantecat, but I don't have sufficient knowledge to answer your questions. It's just one of those characters stored in the jumble of memories I have from the years of watching the show.
Hopefully, we can get our answers soon.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Deanmo19 said:
The Mary Poppins character has been named "Super Nanny". She is performed by Louise Gold.

I don't know who performed Nick Normal's dad, though, but he was seen briefly in "The Letter N Song" by Nick Normal and his Nickmatics.
Super Nanny is an orange live-hand AM dressed to look like Mary Poppins. She has a round lavendar nose, brown hair tied in a bun, and eyes with lids and lashes. One of my favorite details about her is that according to the episode she was in, "she also fixes carburetors." Lol.

Nick Normal's dad appears in a black-and-white flashback scene, but from what I've seen, he's a pointy green AM with sleepy eyes, short hair, a moustache, and a round nose, and wears a suit and tie. Marty Robinson may have performed him, but Nick Normal's voiced dubbed in his lines.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks MuppetDude, they'll now be added to the list. Only question left is... sers the AM's from the song that Kermit sang after harmonizing a bunch of Martians and Twiddlebugs and others near his park?
After this, I'll hand over the rains of these threads back to BlueAM for Part 9, since he may find more AM characters I don't rullyr emember.are the Grea

MuppetDude

Reaction score
I'm a bit confused of what you asked. Could you rephrase that?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry bout that. Lemme start over again.
Kermit's trying to enjoy a relaxing afternoon, not sure if he's at the park or at his pond. There's a group of Twiddlebugs, Martians, and some AM's making noise in the background preventing Kermit from having the quiet he wants. He gets up and harmonizes everyone to sing a different part of a little melody. And after that, the group break into song.
1 Is this the song named "Get Along"?
2 Are "The Greasers" the AM's featured in the background of this song?
3 And just how have they come to be denominated as "The Greasers"? What evidence is there that this is a correct name for the group of characters? Or is it just a fan-based assumption trying to approximate the name for the group of characters as closely as possible to their distinct appearance so as to set them apart from other AM's?
Hope this helps clear up the confusion and hope to hear from you soon.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
:wink: Gotcha.

1. The name of the song is "Get Along".
2. Yes; they're the ones who sing "Get along" and scat; the ones who sound like the Beach Boys.
3. It's fan-based. They're called greasers probably due to the movie "Grease"; all four of the greaser Muppets have leather jackets and three of them have slicked-back hair. Have you ever heard of the movie "Grease"?

P.S.: The scene is more like a meadow; I don't remember a pond, but I do know that a cow in a fence was there.

Also, does anybody know who provided the singing voices for the "Get Along" singers?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Gotcha.
Yes, I know the movie Grease, one of the ones I still have some visual memories of but not completely.
These three will be added to the list and thanks for your help.
The "Count Needs Help" threads will now revert back to BlueAM's control.