1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The Count on Dancing with the Stars

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by maniacal muppet, Oct 3, 2007.

1. maniacal muppet

maniacal muppet Active Member

Last night, during a Jimmy Kimmel insert on DWTS on ABC, The Count was featured as the answer to the question "Where do the votes sent in by viewers get tallied?" Jimmy opened a door and there, at a desk, sat the Count crazily answering phones and writing down contestant scores. But there was a problem, he was counting the votes for Melaine Brown and Scary Spice as 2 different people, as to his astonishment, it's the same person.

It was a great bit and I hope to see it on Youtube soon :) All that night I felt tingily at the thought of a Muppet appearance. ;)
  2. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

dang, shame I missed that!
  3. MelissaY1

MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

I had just missed this. My mom watches it religiously and I found out after the fact. Was it Jerry Nelson performing him? I haven't caught too much of the recent Sesame seasons so I was wondering how frequently Jerry Nelson is involved these days...?
  4. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Well... Dunno about his appearance on Dancing with the Stars, missed it too myself, only found out about that this morning when the thread was started. But back on Sesame Street, yes, Jerry still voices/performs my namesake.
    Hope this helps.
  5. maniacal muppet

Yes, it was Jerry which is one of the reasons that I was so excited about this :)
  6. MelissaY1

MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

Awesome! Thanks to the Count and Maniacal for answering my question. I'm sure it'll find it's way online so I can see it :)
  7. travellingpat

travellingpat Active Member

Yeah i saw it and it was great in fact i was just looking on youtube for it and i cant find it.........oh well, it was an awesome appearence though
  8. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Sounds awesome! I wish I had seen it, but I don't really watch that show.
  9. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

I don't watch it either,but I would have loved to have seen The Count on there.:)
  10. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Ditto, kiddo! ;)
  11. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

I know. I don't watch reality TV, but that clip sounded great! And the great Jerry Nelson as well? Wow! I've only seen a few episodes of SS this season, and the Count's been in all of them, so I thought it was Jerry, (I mean, who else could it be?)
    :smirk: But thinking it yourself and having it confirmed are two different things.
    Hmmm, I wonder if possibly Kermie Clown has added this to his collection?
  12. maniacal muppet

Yea, I'm so happy to see the Count (And hear Jerry;) ) in new SS productions. For like a week now, my Bro's been tellin me about this sketch called NASCOUNT, a SS parody of NASCAR and how funny it was :) .

I also wonder abouit KermiClown. I'll ask later.
  13. BeakerSqueedom

BeakerSqueedom Active Member

I missed Count?
    Nuuuu!

I love the Count.

*Pouts*
    Youtube shall be of great help in searching this prized clip!
  14. Princeton

Princeton Active Member

15. maniacal muppet

16. goshposh

goshposh Member

did anyone see the count on dancing with the stars?
  17. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

My ma showed it to me when she taped it. She wanted me to see if it was Jerry Nelson or somebody else preforming him. To me it looked like Jerry looped it. It looks like some one else was doing the puppet and lip syncing to Jerry's vocals. It's great that Jerry is still working with the Henson Company. :sing:

I hope Jerry will give his voice to Gobo for the future Fraggle Rock movie! :smirk:
  18. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

By the way, did Jerry actually do the puppetry for the Count or did he just loop in the voice, or could you tell either way? Just wondering, because I hear that these days he usually loops in the dialog for his characters on "Sesame Street."
  19. Mr.Penguin

Mr.Penguin Member

Darn it! If only I had decided to watch that show! It sounds like a great guest appearance. If anyone finds any footage of it, please post it!
  20. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

My sister was telling me this when we were eatting lunch in Abliene (went for the halloween store) and she kept telling her and her husband were watching and saw The Count and i couldn't believe that he was on there and my mom didn't mention it to me but when i asked her and she said that she had watched it bits and pieces of it and she didn't see the Jimmy and Count part. So i do hope to see it soon on youtube.