The Count on Dancing with the Stars

maniacal muppet

Reaction score
Last night, during a Jimmy Kimmel insert on DWTS on ABC, The Count was featured as the answer to the question "Where do the votes sent in by viewers get tallied?" Jimmy opened a door and there, at a desk, sat the Count crazily answering phones and writing down contestant scores. But there was a problem, he was counting the votes for Melaine Brown and Scary Spice as 2 different people, as to his astonishment, it's the same person.

It was a great bit and I hope to see it on Youtube soon :smile: All that night I felt tingily at the thought of a Muppet appearance. :wink:

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I had just missed this. My mom watches it religiously and I found out after the fact. Was it Jerry Nelson performing him? I haven't caught too much of the recent Sesame seasons so I was wondering how frequently Jerry Nelson is involved these days...?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Dunno about his appearance on Dancing with the Stars, missed it too myself, only found out about that this morning when the thread was started. But back on Sesame Street, yes, Jerry still voices/performs my namesake.
Hope this helps.

maniacal muppet

Reaction score
Was it Jerry Nelson performing him? I haven't caught too much of the recent Sesame seasons so I was wondering how frequently Jerry Nelson is involved these days...?
Yes, it was Jerry which is one of the reasons that I was so excited about this :smile:

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks to the Count and Maniacal for answering my question. I'm sure it'll find it's way online so I can see it :smile:

travellingpat

Reaction score
Yeah i saw it and it was great in fact i was just looking on youtube for it and i cant find it.........oh well, it was an awesome appearence though

BEAR

Reaction score
Sounds awesome! I wish I had seen it, but I don't really watch that show.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Sounds awesome! I wish I had seen it, but I don't really watch that show.
I don't watch it either,but I would have loved to have seen The Count on there.:smile: