The Count Still Needs Urgent Help!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Uh... BlueAM... are you talking about the following sketch?
Biff's at the art museum and has only cards with the numbers 1 through 5, and must match them up with the paintings. After attempting to place the numbered cards, the painter corrects him and tells him the correct order. Biff then reasons that the numbered cards go with the painting of a corresponding number of splotches. Biff gets to the one he thinks should be titled "Number 5", but the painter says "No, I call that one Chicken Soup." The end music plays, the painter does a little dance, and Biff comes after him in a sort of Moe Howard rush.
Is that the one? If so, the painter looks like a Guy Smiley puppet but with brown mustache and painter's clothes.
LMK and I'll add the character to the listing, though I'd like to know where you got the name from.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
That is indeed the sketch Salvador Dada is from. Salvador says his name in it: "The paintings of Salvador Dada!"

He actually has black hair, fine ostrich plume for a moustache, and a large pointy nose. He also has thin eyebrows in place of eyes, and wears a blue smock, red/magenta hat, and a large feather in it.

BlueAM

Reaction score
Thanks again, y'all!

My next character:

Charmin'. I don't know much about this character, except that she was performed by Louise Gold. Can you provide a description of her, as well as the skit she was in, please?

Thanks!

BlueAM

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
From the vaults of my still-sighted days' memories.
Charmin' is this little girl who has pink skin, no nose, brown hair with two curls at the ends or possibly pigtails, and she wore a greenish sweater. Of course this might be wrong, hopefully someoen else will come in and confirm the descript for us both.
Charmin' appeared in the sketch with Captain Breakfast. Captain Breakfast spots Charmin' sitting at a table and tries to encourage her to have a healthy breakfast. He goes through a whole laundry list of breakfast options, with her saying "No" and growing annoyed at each new choice. Finally, he gives up and asks why she doesn't want any breakfast. To which she pulls out her lunchbox and replies: "Because it's lunch time." And Captain Breakfast saunters out of the scene with a sort of "Hmph!" look to him.
Hope this helps and have a good night.

Dantecat

Reaction score
Count About Captain Breakfast,

(1)What Year Was That Song?

(2)What Are The Lyrics To The Song?

(3)How Is It?

Just Those 3 Questions Please!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
To answer DanteCat's questions...
1 Don't know what year it was from, though I'd guess somewhere in the 80's.
2 Don't know what the dialogue of the sketch was by heart. There aren't any lyrics involved cause the sketch itself wasn't a song, though there was the Captain Breakfast theme song which I also don't know.
3 It was an OK sketch, one of those jokes you got via the character's ultimate annoyance, like with Grover and Mr. Johnson.
Hope this helps and have a good day.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
MuppetDude said:
He actually has black hair, fine ostrich plume for a moustache, and a large pointy nose. He also has thin eyebrows in place of eyes, and wears a blue smock, red/magenta hat, and a large feather in it.
Make that a black hat and large magenta bowtie. :embarrassed:

Charmin' was a live-hand orange AM that resembled Louise Gold and dressed as a Spanish flamenco dancer. She appears in an episode of "Pretty Great Performances" where she sends faxes to her far-away love, then ends up falling in love with sending faxes.

BTW, Count, her love's name is Jose, and was a lavendar live-hand AM with a pink nose, black hair, and lavendar eyelids, and dressed as a matador.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*In best Marvin Suggs voice: "Sank you very much MuppetDude!
Keep sose entris cominn.

BlueAM

Reaction score
Or would you rather be a fish?

Thanks for all your help!

My next character(s):

There was a skit during the early years when Susan sang "Swinging on a Star" as she put features on blank AMs and made them into animals ("Or would you rather be a pig?"). I don't know how many AMs were in that skit as I have only read about it. Could any of you guys please describe what these AMs looked like, please?

Thanks again, and have a good night!

BlueAM