The Crossing: A Labyrinth FanFiction

HamHock

Reaction score
Part 1:
Blink

June 30th, 1987

Sarah Williams opened the door and stumbled into the classroom. Mrs Rhodes looked at her sternly.

"Ah, Ms Williams" she said crossly, folding her long arms, tapping her elbow with her bony fingers. " Youve decided to start coming to class. Sit."

Sarah half ran to her desk at the back of the classroom. You didnt want to upset Mrs Rhodes. Mostly because no one knew what happened to Mr Rhodes.

She was a middle aged, troll faced woman. She always had her faded blonde hair tied back in a tight bun. She had smart, rectangular spectacles, which she thought would cover her colourless eyes.

Sarah hated her, obviously. She wondered if she had ever been a kid.

Sometimes, Sarah missed her childhood. Technically, she was still a kid, at seventeen, but she acted more mature. She hadnt been mitching as much. And, she had a boyfriend.

Sarah hadnt been late because she was mitching. She was, in fact, helping her dad clean out her toys from her room.

Sarah needed a bit of kid in her. She was a bit ostentatious at trying to be adult. Her friends from her old life had started to fade away ever since she left the Labyrinth.

But, this was the day that would all change. When she heard a familiar voice say...

"Sarah..."

She looked around the room. No one looked back at her.

"Sarah..."

It was a bit more serious this time.

" SARAH!"

Sarah almost jumped out of seat. But then, she realised, the whole class was staring at her. Mrs Rhodes had roared her name.

She was looking at her, about to yell her into next year...

When Sarah blinked.

When she opened her eyes again, it was not Mrs Rhodes standing at the chalk board. It was the familiar friend who had said her name. But it was no friend. It was a foe.

In the middle of the room stood Jareth, The Goblin King.

"Hello, Sarah" he said, grinning.

Sarah screamed. He couldnt be hear, he couldnt. He came towards her.

She blinked.

And he was gone.

There was no one there this time. The class looked around, trying to figure out where their teacher had gone.

Sarah got out of her seat. She walked up to the spot where Jareth had been standing.

And in the spot where he had been standing was a thin, red book, one she used to love and cherish. And the title was...

LABYRINTH.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Not a bad start! Some spelling issues and I don't know what mitching means aside, this kinda reminds me of Nightmare on Elm Street.

I was going to critique the whole "troll-looking teacher could be Jareth" thing, but I realized that how Sarah sees "her" might say a lot about what Jareth could be up to.

HamHock

Reaction score
Thanks sooo much, RedPiggy!

I have never actually seen Nightmare on Elm Street. BTW, mitching means to ditch.

HamHock

Reaction score
Part 2: The boy.

June 30th, 1987

Sarah ran out of the classroom. That did not happen, she thought. Did it?

She came out of the stone school building and started running back home. As she turned the corner, she came face to face with Sebastian, her, emmm... special friend.

He was a tall boy, with fair hair and big, beefy arms.

"Are you okay, Sarah?" he asked, concerned.

"Yeah." she replied. "Im fine."

"Good". So, are you free tonight? Unless your parents...

"Oh." said Sarah. Her parents didnt approve of Sebastian last time they met. "No, thats fine."

He smiled his pearly whites. He had dimples to die for.

"Great. Ill see you later."

"Okay."

He continued towards the school. Sarah looked up at the sky. Raindrops had started falling. She looked down at a gathering puddle and gasped.

In the puddle, was Mrs. Rhodes, chained upon a large silver pillar. Her face was bruised. She was screaming.

Then she heard the voice again.

"Come and save her, Sarah."

Sarah whirled around. Jareth was not there.

She looked back at the puddle. Her teacher was gone.

"Whats happening?" she breathed.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
LOL, wow, Sarah's really trying to avoid the Jareth look in her boyfriends, right? :stick_out_tongue:

Anyway, and I mean this in a positive way, I can forgive a certain lack of depth so far, as we're still dealing with Teen Sarah and she was never really deep anyway, LOL. I'm still interested in where you're taking this. Please continue.

HamHock

Reaction score
Sarah entered her house and threw her keys and back pack onto the armchair.
" Dad!" she called. " Irene!" She said her stepmother's name with great distaste. They were not home, she decided. She ran up the long staircase to her room and flopped onto her bed. She staired up at the ceiling and pursed her lips. What did Jareth want, she wondered.
She stayed up in her room until she heard her parents come in. "Now, I'm not saying it wasn't good, I'm just saying it was expensive" her father was saying, hanging up their coats. "Oh, Robert," she said. "It's not about how much a person spends. It's about how much you lie about things in your food so you get a free dessert."
Classic Irene, Sarah thought. "Honey," her father said when he saw her. " We need you to look after Toby again tonight." "I can't." she said. "I'm seeing Sebastian."
" No, your not seeing that boy again." he said sternly. "His name is to out of the ordinary. Not to be trusted."
"What?" said Sarah in disbelief. " I can't see him because of his name?"
"Sarah..." "DON'T SARAH ME!" she screamed. " I DON'T NEED YOU CONTROLLING MY LIFE! I'M MAKE MY OWN CHOICES!" She ran up into her bedroom and sat on her bed. A moment later, she heard the clacking of heels as her stepmother came to her door.
"Sarah? Open the door." "NO!" Sarah screamed. After a few moments, she gave up, and her stepmother walked away.

HamHock

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay, readers, but I've been sick recently, and then there was Christmas, and all that. But, here it is.

Sarah lay on her bed, her head in her pillow. That little spat, she thought, was a showing of how she could get so agitated over little things.

But her family didn't care. Nobody cared.

A few minutes later, she heard tapping on her window. She looked down and saw Sebastian.

"Why are you at the window? We have a door, you know."

"Nah," he said. " Your parents would probably slam the door in my face."

Sarah smiled. She got some sheets from her bed and climbed down them, out the window.

They got into Sebastian's faded red minivan and drove away fro the house.

"Where are we going?" asked Sarah.

"I thought we might go to the old hill overlooking the city," said Sebastian.

"Oh," said Sarah, her voice cracked. "Cool."

This was NOT good, she thought. The old hill was the place where everybody goes when a boy makes a MOVE! She wasn't ready, she couldn't do it.

But before she could say anything, they were there. Sebastian parked the car near the edge, where they could see the view.

It really was beautiful, Sarah thought, but she wasn't ready to be in this situation.

And then Sebastian turned to her. He began to lean in, and, reluctantly, she edged forward towards him. She closed her eyes and puffed out her lips.

But as soon as her lips made contact, she knew something was wrong. Sebastian's mouth was all hairy and dry.

The thing that she made contact with jumped away.

"Hey!" said a familiar voice. "I thought I asked you not to do that again!"

Sarah retreated and opened her eyes.

She looked down at the small face between the seats, and the crispy skin, white hair covered by a small cap and big bushy eyebrows came back to her.

"HOGGLE?" she said.

"Sure am." said Hoggle. " By the way, you two might wanna hold on for the ride."

Suddenly, the entire bottom part of the car disappeared, and the three passengers plunged into the darkness that lay below them.