1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

The Cute Wars

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by peyjenk, Nov 20, 2007.

1. peyjenk

peyjenk New Member

Who do you think is cutest: Bean Bunny or Robin the Frog?

2. Muppet Newsgirl

Muppet Newsgirl Active Member

Robin the Frog.

3. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Definitely Robin the Frog, he doesn't even have to try. Bean Bunny is a bit too egotistical lol (But they're both good :) )

Hayley B likes this.
  4. Bill Bubble Guy

Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

Robin the Frog

5. heralde

You know I always want to include Scooter in this "cute wars", lol. Except that he's at that age where he no longer wants to be cute! ;)

bingboingcutie likes this.
  6. Muppet Newsgirl

Muppet Newsgirl Active Member

Too true - teenagers don't like to be told they're cute. That is, unless the person telling them they're cute is someone they have a crush on, of course.

But, sorry, Scooter, the fact is you're a rather cute Muppet, and there's no changing that.

ElizaSchuyler and bingboingcutie like this.
  7. Bill Bubble Guy

Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

Oh yes Scooter. It cannot be denied that you're a very cute animal muppet.

Scooter(sounding very frustrated) : I'm not an animal muppet. I'm a human muppet. How many times do I have to explain I'm not a gopher? I'm a go-fer! Go-fer coffee. Go-fer sandwiches. Go-fer this and that. Whatever. I'm getting so tired of saying this over and over and over. Sheesh.

Oh dear. Please accept my humble apologies Scooter.

:D

8. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Robin, most definately! Bean is cute but a bit useless, and I feel bad for him. But I am completely enamoured with Robin, because of his cuteness; plus he can sing, as well as dance with Sweetums, so he is awesome.

9. heralde

Lol, yes our apologies, Scooter! Not only are you a human Muppet, you're a mature, grown up, cute only in a teenager-ey way Muppet. ;)

Scooter did have a couple interesting moments with Robin and Bean Bunny. When they all had to dress fancy for Rudolph Nureyev, Scooter complains to Kermit saying, "Robin and I don't like dressing up!" (paraphrasing here). Now I do think Scooter is mainly talking about himself here, lol. However, it is true that Robin's always trying to be more grown up and taken seriously.

Bean Bunny, in contrast, is content with being young and cute and is not embarrassed about it. I love the moments he has with Scooter in the Walt Disney World special. Bean's all excited about visiting the Tea Cups, and Scooter looks like this teenager who can't believe he has to babysit this cute bunny! ("Cute is his middle name!" he dryly states!). Though, you do see them later on both with ice cream cones, so perhaps Bean finally got Scooter to loosen up. It would have been nice to see more of them in that show. Lol

bingboingcutie likes this.
  10. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

I definitely vote for Robin!

11. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

Robin! He always makes my heart melt.

12. Winslow Leach

Winslow Leach Active Member

BEAN!

One of the cutest Muppets EVER!:)

13. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I have to say...Beau! (Like Bean, but with the last letter upside turned) I think he is definately the sweetest, cutest Muppet because I doesnt even realise it.

14. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

here is one yall will love! Animal i think he shows such raw cuteness and emotion. i just love him so much

15. BeakerSqueedom

BeakerSqueedom Active Member

Alright, since it stated Bean/Robin...
    I choose Robin with a twitching eye.

Yeah, I love the frog...but, sometimes he can be a little annoying.
    :) Still...I love him.

If I could choose freely...

It'd have to be Beaker.

Those bulbous eyes, round nose, and puffy hair...HIGH PITCHED VOICE!
    AWWW!

I'd say Bunsen, but not everyone will agree.
    I see cute in different ways...
    LOL!

16. heralde

Hehe, that's ok, that's very Muppety. :confused: :eek:

17. peyjenk

peyjenk New Member

You know, I've never thought about it until now, but really, all of the Muppets have some inherent level of cuteness. Some are defnitely cuter than others, but you really can't get much cuter than a bunch of singing, dancing, joke-telling stuffed animals, right?

But, to answer the original question (which, yes, was my own): I like Bean better. Especially in MCC, when he is singing the song and is all cheery to Scrooge... but what really melts my poor little heart is when he is all cold and shivery wrapped up in the newspaper. You don't get much cuter (or sadder!) than that!

18. Skye

Skye Active Member

Me too! That part has always made me feel so sad... poor Bean. :(

I also agree that all the Muppets are cute in their own way. They all have their own personal cute li'l traits!

But with this question, I've gotta go with Robin. He's always so much fun to watch and listen to. He's so cool, and very adorable! :)

19. heralde

Yeah that scene is very hearting breaking. :cry:

Oh and as a small dedication to Robin...

"Away out here they got a name for wind and rain and fire!" LOL

20. Winslow Leach

Winslow Leach Active Member

One of my favorite scenes in MCC!