1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The Dark Crystal - 25th Anniversary Edition Soundtrack

Discussion in 'Fantasy Worlds' started by FrankV, Jul 11, 2007.

1. FrankV

FrankV New Member

The new Dark Crystal-CD is available now from La-La Land Records. The disc is the same as disc one of the Limited Edition CD released some years ago and on LP way back in 1982. The CD will be available elsewhere on July 17, 2007.

http://www.lalalandrecords.com/DarkCrystal.html
  2. FrankV

FrankV New Member

I got the CD yesterday. Is a good release, but only interesting if you don't have the Limited Edition CD. The audio quality is a little bit better on the new release.

BTW, two track titles are named incorrectly (they were also incorrect on the Numenorean release). Track 4 is called "The Mystical Master Dies", but the correct title is "The Mystic Master Dies". And track 6 is called "The Skeksis' Funeral", but the correct title is "The Skeksis' Duel". According to La-La Land they got the titles off the cue sheets Jim Henson company vault and off the publishing information from Sony ATV Music Publishing. So somebody made a mistake some 25 years ago. On the original LP however, the track titles were correct.
  3. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

Does it have a beautiful booklet? So maybe it's worth buying for me...
  4. I can't believe we have waited nearly 25 years for the soundtrack to be released on CD and then two versions are released within a few years of each other.
  5. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

Hi Guys,

I got my CD on Friday, but only now just opened it and sat and read it. Its a nice set and a must have to add to your Henson collection.

The text about how the music was created is interesting and there are a few nice pics from the film and still photos included.

for UK fans, I got my CD from Amazon.co.uk

Chris
  6. Can't get it from Amazon.co.uk now unless you buy it from a private seller. Trust me to hang on for too long. :smirk: