The Dark Crystal - 25th Anniversary Edition Soundtrack

FrankV

Reaction score
I got the CD yesterday. Is a good release, but only interesting if you don't have the Limited Edition CD. The audio quality is a little bit better on the new release.

BTW, two track titles are named incorrectly (they were also incorrect on the Numenorean release). Track 4 is called "The Mystical Master Dies", but the correct title is "The Mystic Master Dies". And track 6 is called "The Skeksis' Funeral", but the correct title is "The Skeksis' Duel". According to La-La Land they got the titles off the cue sheets Jim Henson company vault and off the publishing information from Sony ATV Music Publishing. So somebody made a mistake some 25 years ago. On the original LP however, the track titles were correct.

Laszlo

Reaction score
Does it have a beautiful booklet? So maybe it's worth buying for me...

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
I can't believe we have waited nearly 25 years for the soundtrack to be released on CD and then two versions are released within a few years of each other.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I got my CD on Friday, but only now just opened it and sat and read it. Its a nice set and a must have to add to your Henson collection.

The text about how the music was created is interesting and there are a few nice pics from the film and still photos included.

for UK fans, I got my CD from Amazon.co.uk

Chris

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Can't get it from Amazon.co.uk now unless you buy it from a private seller. Trust me to hang on for too long. :smirk: