1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The Dark Crystal

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by agustinaldo, Apr 3, 2003.

1. agustinaldo New Member

Once again,I´ve NOT seen this movie...YET.

I remember my former psychologist saying that the inner conflict between good and evil is very marked there.Is that true?

Anyway,is it ant good?Should I rent it,or not?
  2. stgebaby New Member

dark crystal

very very good movie. the good and evil thing is very clear, especially at the end. i personally love the movie, so i might be a little biased. be warned, it isn't kermit and piggy and the gang so...
  3. Cantus Rock New Member

Re: dark crystal

Very good point.

The movie is, without a doubt, one of the greatest works in the history of cinema in my opinion. The settings and scenery are top-notch. The characters and plot are defined and exciting. The conflict between good and evil is definitely showcased throughout the film very well.

But, like stgebaby said, be advised that it is a complete 180-degree spin from the work Henson is best known for (a fact to which some accredit the films lack of success). So, if you're looking for The Muppet Movie, I'd suggest watching The Muppet Movie. But if you're up for something deeper, more cerebral and intense, definitely opt for Dark Crystal. You definitely will not regret it.

[I believe it is still the only film with a humanless, all puppet cast, btw. Can some one back me up on that?]

-Matt
  4. agustinaldo New Member

Meet The Feebles was another movie with an all-muppet cast.

And by the 3way,you convinced me.I´ll rent that movie.
  5. Cantus Rock New Member

Meet the Feebles was an all puppet cast. DEFINITELY not the Muppets.

-Matt
  6. Super Scooter New Member

I'd ahve to agree. The Dark Crystal is one of the best films ever made, but deffenitely not the Muppets.

Well, I was going to say something else, but I forgot. It'll come to me later.
  7. LadyHyde New Member

That movie, wow.

I have to say it was a time when most fantasy movies had to be animated, and then Henson and Froud come to prove that wrong. It certainly paved the way for many of today's fantasy movies, don't you think?
  8. electricmayhem New Member

YES!! It's a wonderful movie, very intricate and involved. It's a great story line too. Do not listen to my friends who make fun of me saying that it is a boring movie. These persons privleges of borrowing my movies have been revoked. It's not in the least boring if you take the time to appreciate how genius it is.
  9. muppetfreak12 New Member

OH!!!! RENT IT!!! It's sooooooo good! I love it. :)
  10. muppet_dk Active Member

Or even better buy it so that you can watch it everytime you want to see a great movie.
  11. Sir Didymus New Member

I bought this movie before I saw it, and I love it. My favorite Henson Movie. Very beautiful film.

Jake