The dark day of Valentines Day is upon us...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The Valentines Day Menu is up on the main page again. Pepe as Cupid is at least one happy thing. :rolleyes:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Ugh. This was about 10 years ago now, but I still remember it well. All these giddy girls would walk around with balloons and teddy bears. You could have a flower (carnation) sent to your special someone in the middle of class. It made me sick *grumble* and also very envious.
You know, there was this girl I once new, and one valentines day she had all these men all over her all day... Well what I mean by that is she has all these amazing and extravagant gifts that she got from all of them. But I sent a little note to her telling her how much I appreciated her friendship, and that meant more to her then any of the other stuff.

But sometimes it's just important to remember that it's the little things in life that count.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I have made large gestures in the past to the person I happened to be dating, but last year I decided to leave most of that out. Instead I found some attractive patterned pink and red paper, cut it into a heart shape and wrote little phrases all over it telling my partner every special thing that I could think of about him. No roses, no candy, no expensive gifts or huge planned evening. Just this simple diagram of a heart and what it means to me. Feel free to use this idea for your someone special - romantic interest or not. This is a day to take the opportunity to appreciate loved ones of all sorts IMHO.

By the way, thanks for the enthusiasm for the menu, Shoe Fairy. It is one of my favorites. :flirt: Muppet couples are fun. One thing that always sticks out to me is Fozzie's lack of romantic interest. I suppose he did have TMS guest stars, but no real Camilla, Piggy, Janice or Yolanda to ogle. I think he's still in that phase (as in MTM) where he's afraid of the opposite sex. :embarrassed:

Drtooth

Reaction score
As Peppermint Patty once said about Charlie Brown, "He keeps on trying, he doesn't give up, he just keeps plugging away. And I guess that's what we all have to do..." :smile:
Make that Charlie Brown and Don Music's illegitamate combination of DNA... I REALLY do bang my head on the wall.

Doctor says I might have brain damage... I like Stories.

Anyone see those Chris Rock talking Valentine cards from Hallmark? Those are pretty kickin'.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Make that Charlie Brown and Don Music's illegitamate combination of DNA... I REALLY do bang my head on the wall.
Ahhh, so YOU'RE the kid who got Don Music fired and ruined it for the rest of us! :wink:

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Wow... you guys make me sad. I guess I really AM a hopeless romantic lol.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Wow... you guys make me sad. I guess I really AM a hopeless romantic lol.
After a while, I stopped caring about that junk. If you really love someone, you don't need a day telling you otherwise.

:big_grin::sympathy:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Life can get hectic and people get busy. I think married couples especially need a day every now and then to stop and celebrate their relationship and Valentine's Day can be good for that.

PepePiPi

Reaction score
Sigh. First time in years I'll have spent Valentines Day without my bf. :/