The dark day of Valentines Day is upon us...

Nick22

Reaction score
i hate valentines day too. im single unfortunately. some of u might think im too young to have a girlfriend, but in my school, that is definatly not the case. there's this one guy in my school who has a different girlfriend almost everyday week. its so stupid! i dont even know how he could even get one girlfriend. he's a jerk. and os there was this stupid bet he made with this one girl he rully liked. he said that if he won his basketball game, then the girl would have to go out with him. and he won. which is a terrible thing. because they r the two meanest ppl in the school. and now when valentines day comes they'll be all annoying and stupid and ill dislike then more then i already do. and it's annoying. and every girl that i like already knows that i like her. so its not like i can do the whole secret admireor thing. and that's pretty lame anyway so it doesnt matter. but valentines day is definatly my least favorite holiday fer sure.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
there's this one guy in my school who has a different girlfriend almost everyday week.
Definitely not something to be proud of. So don't feel so bad about being single. (And yes, you're too young :wink: ).

Nick22

Reaction score
Definitely not something to be proud of. So don't feel so bad about being single. (And yes, you're too young :wink: ).
according to u im too young. :smile: ask anyone else. lol

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I usually had a girlfriend to take to dances and to make Valentine cards, but I still hated the holiday. In school it was always so competitive about how many cards you got from other people etc. I would really feel bad for other people and the rare occasion that I was single it would be a very uncomfortable situation. I heard back from an old school pal of mine that all the popular girls (both mean and friendly ones) are now divorced.

Relationships are tough. It’s not just about the sunny days or even the stormy ones. It’s what you do on the gray blah days that I’ve found determine the value of a relationship. Is the love still there and are efforts still made when everything else seems blah?

Kiki

Reaction score
I myself don't hate the holiday, simply because it doesn't concern me, but I hate it when people rub it in your face, like "oh, my boyfriend's gonna give this and that, what's your boyfriend going to get y- oh... THAT'S right! You don't /have/ a boyfriend!" :rolleyes: Trust me, it happens sometimes, but I don't take it too personally, meh. But who CARES?
I don't think it's a bad concept, having a day to aknowledge your marriage or whatev's (as Heralde said on the page beforehand), but I find it all very materialistic.

That's interesting Nick, because in english the other day we had to write two essays: one about "Can teenagers fall in love?" and "Do you believe in love at first sight?". Fer the first one (no right or wrong, really fer both of 'em)I said that teens could fall in love, only it was very casual and they wern't able to handle certain situations (maturity, blah blah blah) and also depending on the individual. The other one I did was... rather debatable, not really yay or nay, but I quoted The Beatle's about five times, lol.

Nick22

Reaction score
I myself don't hate the holiday, simply because it doesn't concern me, but I hate it when people rub it in your face, like "oh, my boyfriend's gonna give this and that, what's your boyfriend going to get y- oh... THAT'S right! You don't /have/ a boyfriend!" :rolleyes: Trust me, it happens sometimes, but I don't take it too personally, meh. But who CARES?
I don't think it's a bad concept, having a day to aknowledge your marriage or whatev's (as Heralde said on the page beforehand), but I find it all very materialistic.

That's interesting Nick, because in english the other day we had to write two essays: one about "Can teenagers fall in love?" and "Do you believe in love at first sight?". Fer the first one (no right or wrong, really fer both of 'em)I said that teens could fall in love, only it was very casual and they wern't able to handle certain situations (maturity, blah blah blah) and also depending on the individual. The other one I did was... rather debatable, not really yay or nay, but I quoted The Beatle's about five times, lol.
lol. i get what ur saying. makes sense to me. which is surprising cause im rully rully slow

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
"Would you believe in a love at first sight? Yes, I'm certain that it happens all the time!"

...Thing is, it usually doesn't last very long! :wink: