The dark day of Valentines Day is upon us...

Convincing John

Reaction score
Instead I found some attractive patterned pink and red paper, cut it into a heart shape and wrote little phrases all over it...
Making your own stuff. That's really cool. No matter what holiday/occasion it is, a handmade something or other for someone you care about is a dying art, I think. People just run to Hallmark, Macy's (or for some last minute stragglers, Wal-Mart) and grab something off the shelves in a rush.

Call me cheesy, but I love making stuff for holidays, birthdays, etc. Since we're on the topic, I made my own Valentine's Day card for my new girlfriend. Just got out the old Prismacolors, sketchbook and trusty gray eraser and got to work. Storebought cards are nice and all, but none would match what I had in my head, y'know?

One thing that always sticks out to me is Fozzie's lack of romantic interest. I suppose he did have TMS guest stars, but no real Camilla, Piggy, Janice or Yolanda to ogle. I think he's still in that phase (as in MTM) where he's afraid of the opposite sex. :embarrassed:
Fozzie gets even more nervous with women than he does with telling jokes in front of Statler and Waldorf. Check out the "Making of the Muppet Show" documentary where Fozzie and Raquel Welch finish their number. Fozzie says "Can I bring a friend?" Jim chuckles as Fozzie mumbles "It's just my mother." The crew cracked up!

Convincing John

Convincing John

Reaction score
You imitated Don Music and feel like smashing the piano, too?

:boo: "I hope there's insurance on those Steinways!"
:boo::sleep:: "Doh ho ho ho ho ho ho ho!"

Seriously though, it's just one day. I do remember all too well some Valentine's Days that were either like Lucy's or just plain blah.

You also might want to check out one of Matt Groening's older books (with Binky the Rabbit). The title begins with "Love is..." (but I can't type the rest of the title here). Google it and you'll see what I mean. It's good stuff.

That Charlie Brown Valentine's Day special is brilliant...I hope they run that every year till the end of time. Sparky had such a deep and unique grip on humanity that has rarely been matched. Even with the crappiest Valentine's Days I've experienced, I still got a smile of watching "Chuck" and the gang.

Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing Marcie's unique Easter Egg recipes in a month or so...

Convincing John

Son of Enik

Reaction score
You mean this isn't a day to honor Greg "The Hammer" Valentine? I cannot believe I have been lied to all these years! No wonder my wife thinks I'm nuts as I watch the first 5 WrestleManias every Feb. 14th! Wonder I'm still married!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
But personally, I believe LUST at first sight is more accurate. My opinon. :wink:
You know I think you're right! Lol

And you know, little trivia tidbit here, an author was with John and Paul when they were writing that song and the original line was "Do you believe" but then they changed it to "Would you believe" because they thought it sounded a bit stronger and different. It was very interesting to read about the great songwriters in action! :wink:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
You mean this isn't a day to honor Greg "The Hammer" Valentine? I cannot believe I have been lied to all these years! No wonder my wife thinks I'm nuts as I watch the first 5 WrestleManias every Feb. 14th! Wonder I'm still married!
Haha! I hope those wresters have messages of love to send to your wife for you, otherwise you might get in trouble! :wink:
I swear, every year when we did that V-card handout in school thingy, at least two people would get me the same card:

It was a drawing of a nut (maybe a walnut...or just some random nut :confused:) with googly eyes and its tongue sticking out. Written across the top was "Nutty But Nice." Cuz I was a bit of a cutup, ya see...but every year, never failed. At least two Nutty But Nice cards. One year I think I even got three...:crazy::halo:
That's totally adorable, Tony. You get a gold star for that! *gives Tony a star pin*

Last year I did not have a valentine, and it was kinda sad. But then my mum surprised me with a card and a box of smarties! It was very sweet.

This year I have a valentine but I don't really have much planned... I hope things go well!

Pork

Reaction score
This year I am moving on Valentines day. Previous years I have done nothing...so I guess this is a step up XD

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Two days away guys... the most exciting thing I might do is go to the grocery store :stick_out_tongue: