The Darkwing Duck Thread

Slackbot

Reaction score
Actually, Taurus was in two episodes: he appeared in the two-parter "Darkly Dawns the Duck"--which was the premiere, not the pilot; the pilot was "That Sinking Feeling", featuring Moliarity, and you can see some things they changed before going into full productio, like DW's voice--and the third-season "Steerminator," in which he is a cyborg. I do wish they had been able to make the promised sequel to that one.

Aside: Taurus sounds like an untrustworthy pirate... and a sweet transvestite.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Actually, Taurus was in two episodes: he appeared in the two-parter "Darkly Dawns the Duck"--which was the premiere, not the pilot; the pilot was "That Sinking Feeling", featuring Moliarity, and you can see some things they changed before going into full productio, like DW's voice--and the third-season "Steerminator," in which he is a cyborg. I do wish they had been able to make the promised sequel to that one.

Aside: Taurus sounds like an untrustworthy pirate... and a sweet transvestite.
I meant he was only in one episode on the set. His second appearance is more like a sequel to me, so I don't really consider him to be a regular character. At least not regular enough.

Though I wonder what would have happened if they made a Tauras action figure (hey, they made a Tuskernini figure, and he was only in five episodes).

Slackbot

Reaction score
True. He was a strong character, and certainly more worthy than the likes of Tuskernini and Jumbalaya Jack. I guess that they didn't want to have two big crime bosses in the series, and chose Steelbeak and FOWL over Bulba because they were more comedic.

I would have loved a Bulba, or, even better, Steerminator action figure. I'd have spent the money on it that I saved by not buying Tuskernini. By the way, there was a third series of action figures that never got made. I'll have to look through old files to make sure, but I believe it included negaduck and The Liquidator.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
By the way, there was a third series of action figures that never got made. I'll have to look through old files to make sure, but I believe it included negaduck and The Liquidator.
I thought it was a second series that never got made. I got all of the series 1 figures (not sure if I still have them). Ironically the first one that I got (and by choice) was Tuskernini, even though I hadn't seen any episodes with him at the time (same with Bushroot).

If I was right about it being series two that was cancled I feel a good line-up of enemies would have been Negaduck, Liquidator, Quackerjack, and Tauras.

Slackbot

Reaction score
You may be right about it being a second series. Again, I'll have to check to be sure. All I know for sure is that there was another wave that got canceled.

I seem to remember Morgana McCawber being in that line. Something about her having split-open hair. Argh. Now I can't wait to get home and check my info.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
BTW: Anybody remember a couple of obscure DW villains named Nodoff and a Ms. VanderChill?
The addition of those only further bolster my DW/Batman cross-franchise theory.

Oh yeah... And Taurus also sounded like an other-dimensional dragonoid, skeletal overlord, and murderous butler.
Figure out which characters I'm referencing... And you win a box of cookies.

Slackbot

Reaction score
I remember Isis Vanderchill. I know Nodoff existed, but heck if I can remember anything about him at the moment.

Dragaunus and Wadsworth the Butler... dunno about the skeletal guy. The Lord of Darkness was anything but skeletal.

He also sounds like a big cloud, a rooster, and a clown.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Was Waddlesworth his character's name in the movie version of Clue?
The skeletal overlord was Skullmaster from Mighty Max.

And Nodoff... Sadly I couldn't find him at the Wiki for the list of DW characters.
He was this goblin kind of creature, ruler of the land of dreams, hence his name. He appeared in only one episode where Morgana was still kind of reforming from her criminal past... Ultimately defeated when he was tricked into going into his own dreams (basically waking up into the real world), kicked back through a door portal to Dreamworld when DW called on Eek and Squeak.

Xerus

Reaction score
And Nodoff... Sadly I couldn't find him at the Wiki for the list of DW characters.
He was this goblin kind of creature, ruler of the land of dreams, hence his name. He appeared in only one episode where Morgana was still kind of reforming from her criminal past... Ultimately defeated when he was tricked into going into his own dreams (basically waking up into the real world), kicked back through a door portal to Dreamworld when DW called on Eek and Squeak.
Nodoff was voiced by Neil Ross.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I would have loved a Bulba, or, even better, Steerminator action figure. I'd have spent the money on it that I saved by not buying Tuskernini. By the way, there was a third series of action figures that never got made. I'll have to look through old files to make sure, but I believe it included negaduck and The Liquidator.
And that's precisely the reason I HATE Playmates toys. All the toys they didn't make could fill the Grand Canyon. I wish I got more of that series, I really do. And I'd do horrible things to get my hands on the rare 12" large figure... mainly because I never saw it... I didn't know it even existed until I saw it in a book of wallpaper samples... and they had Darkwing Duck trim (or whatever that small banner stuff they have is called...which I also almost got).

It really is a shame Disney seems to have written off the Disney Afternoon, thus losing the chance for a nostalgia based line of merchandise. Sure, we had that T-Shirt from Hot Topic where he was colored wrong, but that was about it. Hey, at least I got that Montery Jack keychain... but I went mad waiting to see if Disney would have made a smaller beanbag plush to sit next to my Inspector Gadget and Hong Kong Phooey.

But these comics we're getting? Brilliant! I think I look more forward to them than the actual Muppet comics now.