The Disney Channel (all New Members, Please Read)

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
Let me get right down to it: The current Disney Channel is spitting on the Disney name as a whole.
Comment from a once proud viewer who signed the petition:
"It isn't so much the old shows I miss, it's the QUALITY ... I grew up with the Disney channel of the late 80's/early 90's, and the whole format was sophisticated and directed at a FAMILY audience instead of a
small group of kids ... Walt Disney created many things in the hopes of bringing families together ... The current Disney channel has lost sight of that. Sadly, they've lost the Disney vision in many things... "
The company today preaches about family, yet at the same time ignores the very aspects of family entertainment upon which they were built.
When the Disney Channel began to ignore these ideals, they helped to stop the Disney name from flourishing. Not just as a company; Flourishing into what it was destined to be.
But also as a man; What he was always meant to be. Future generations will never know Walt Disney's genius.
What once was meant as a tribute to this has been remade into a cheap Nickelodeon. What was once a nchannel known for quality theme park specials, animated movie marathons and Mickey Mouse cartoons is
now infamous for bathroom jokes and over-acting 'tweens.
What's worse, the Disney Channel has gotten rid of Vault Disney, the late night block of vintage Disney shows and movies, on September 10th. No longer will we see anything even related to classic Disney on the
Disney Channel.
Please sign the petition, get company mailing addresses and join the campaign at:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/preservethemagic
If anything, transform ABC Family into Walt Disney Family and put old Disney programming there. I mean ... What is the harm of mixing in classic Disney films and TV shows for current and future generations to enjoy? After all, "this" is where Disney came from; "this" is where Disney was more of a "magical legacy" than a multi-billion dollar generic brand name, such as Nickelodeon or MTV.
"It is not myself I am thinking about, but it is the affect of what might happen to whatever is left that bothers me"
-- Walt Disney

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
What ticks me off mainly about Disney Channel and even Toon Disney is their major lack of the classic shorts. Although I wasn't an avid viewer of Vault Disney, I still think the Ink & Paint Club was a nicely-formatted show despite its late (or early) time slot. And while reruns of the sadly-defunct House of Mouse are nice, Disney could at least more of the old shorts.

As for Toon Disney, having a few cartoons air on Quack Attack at 4 in the morning is not that acceptable. Even Cartoon Network, hate to compare, with all the stuff they have access to (not to mention the separate Boomerang channel), have acceptable time slots for all the WB, H-B, MGM, anime, etc. stuff they have. C'mon Disney, you gotta air more of the classic cartoons, even late at night. Put 'em head-to-head with the Looney Tunes.

Well, on the bright side, Kim Possible's pretty awesome!

kansasteen14

Reaction score
at least they cancelled Lizzie Mcguire,but one question when was House of Mouse cancelled?