The Disney Store

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gonzo
I remember one of them had an animatronic Nate who would pick up his megaphone and yell at you. In a nice but gruff way.
Isn't is scary that I can see that happenin' in some corner of Missouri?

LOL

:stick_out_tongue:

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gonzo
Those Sesame Street Stores were the bomb....they had a lot of adult t-shirts and clothing, not to mention all of the other merchandise. It was like heaven on earth. I went to three of them, and the decor was different for all three; I remember one of them had an animatronic Oscar who would come out of his can and yell at you. In a nice but gruff way.
Yep! I remember the Oscar animatronic in the window...I also remember the entire first floor of Las Vegas FAO was completely all Sesame...rife with animatronic Honkers and other characters(this was in 1997) I remember the Sesame store well. Sadly you can thank CTW and Fisher Price for the sad state of affairs Sesame merch is in. If only they'd import the Sony Wonder Japanese Sesame stuff.

The sad fact is: CTW(I mean SW) doesnt give a RATS YOU KNOW WHAT about any merchandise for the collector or grown up.

As for the Disney store...it too has become a sheer abomination(and believe me when I say I used to go there all the time)

kansasteen14

Reaction score
I also miss WB stores, oh I went to the Dis Store today just because I was there and I got some pins for half price,also I emember going to the Sesame store and they had Big Bird there,was 4 at the time(1992) and loved it

WiGgY

Reaction score
Disney and even the Muppets have been pandering to yung kids and teens for a while now. They can't seem to imagine that adults want to buy this stuff too. The problem is that kids control the current market. Disney is now associated with little kids and the Muppets went the same path. Thank God the muppets have come back around to being more univeral, both adults and kids can watch them again. But sesame street will never recover I think.

Disney World is just bad now. It's a kiddie park. There are other Disney theme parks that are much better than Disney world is now. It's just boring. There are rides that have been there for ever, whic is ok, but we need newer rides too. Maybe takes out 100 of those shops! They'll still have 1,000,00 left!

If you go to Florida for vacation do what I did. Do the disney thing in one day only. Get a hopper pass and run to MGM to see the muppets then run to the Magic Kingdom and get on the good rides. Buy your gifts for the people back home and leave. Then everyday after that go to Universal Studios and Universal Islands of Adventure. Now that is a theme park! There is a kid parts and adult parts and in between parts. I had such a great time there! Disney has just lost it. It's a name now.

kansasteen14

Reaction score
ok I will say that the stores are for kids but not the theme parks, Universal tried to rip off Disney every way they could and Disney is not for little kids in fact they are adding to many thrill rides and the old rides are alot better and it's merchandising, wow you must be smart if you spent 200 dollars on a hopper pass for one day. Also at universal there is nothing both kids and adults will enjoy,I take it you arent around kids

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by trekkie1701E
Hey ... Why not just turn Disneyland into a giant playground with shops?
Isn't that all it is NOW?? Playground with shops and LONG lines?

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
The number of shops at DL actually do equal the number of attractions/shows. Although it may not look like it, Disneyland has over fifty attractions & shows. And This doesn't even include the street entertainment in Tomorrowland, New Orleans & on Main Street!
Compare that to DCA & WDW ... God!!
Did you know that when Pressler was head of Disneyland, he wanted to transform the Main Street Cinema into another shop (Just like at the MK in WDW)? Fortunately, people protested, and the theater remained. Thank God, too.

beaker

Reaction score
Re: Re: The Disney Store

Originally posted by Fozzie Bear
Isn't that all it is NOW?? Playground with shops and LONG lines?
Geez, what is it...like $80 a family member just to enter the Magic Kingdom? It's a shame the starving families who put together all the goodies ya see at Disneyland in Malasia arent afforded the oppurtunity to go to the magic kingdom. Theyre lucky if their kids dont die of disentary or other diseases.

"when you thread a Goofy plush,
makes no difference what you dream...
you're just a starving Cambodian mom...
and Eisner is laughing all the way to the bank"

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
Well, yeah ... that's true :smile: But, at least DL gives you your moneys worth. Other parks charge more than $40 to get in, yet don't give you nearly as much as Disneyland does.
I "love" Disneyland. But I do agree: Paying people practically nothing to make theme park plush dolls & what not is clearly unjust.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by trekkie1701E
Well, yeah ... that's true :smile: But, at least DL gives you your moneys worth. Other parks charge more than $40 to get in, yet don't give you nearly as much as Disneyland does.
I "love" Disneyland. But I do agree: Paying people practically nothing to make theme park plush dolls & what not is clearly unjust.
Heh, oh dont take anything I say too seriously when it comes to my anti Disney rhetoric. Right now I'd give my right tail to be in Walt Disney World. that lucky Warrick! hehe