The Doctor Who Thread

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
I just saw several links to external articles on iMBd that said Matt is going to leave after the Christmas special.

Let the speculation about the casting of the next Doctor begin!

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I just read that Matt Smith is planning to leave the show.

I always really enjoyed him as the Doctor. I can't imagine getting used to anyone else for the job.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
I remember suspiciously similar comments when David left (the saner ones buried by the hate and outrage of crazy fangirls) and look how good Matt was.

We just need to have faith that whoever is handed the keys to the Tardis will do the Doctor justice.

In an unrelated side-note, in the DVD Commentary for the TV movie, Sylvester mentioned that (had the co-produced series come to fruition) they were planning on bringing the old Doctors back to star in new stories.

I really wish the BBC had done that with the revival proper. It'd be great to see more stories with Paul and Sylve (not to mention a chance at redeeming Six in a visual medium).

jvcarroll

Reaction score
The actor I'd pick would be the same guy who plays Q in the new James Bond films:

Beauregard

Reaction score
I'd pick Sue Perkins in a heartbeat. But there's no way that's going to happen. #justsaying

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
Amanda Abbington has offered to take the part of the next Doctor on Twitter. XD

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Not being prejudiced, but the Doctor has always been played by a male, so having a female actor would be rully strange...

I guess the Doctor is kinda like James Bond. Your favorite will always be your first one. :smirk:

mostlikemokey

Reaction score
I just started watching the new series. A bunch of my friends watch Dr. Who, and one of them suggested watching the new series first because the old series takes forever. I must say, I've never seen a science fiction series will London is attacked by department store mannequins. It's so funny :smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Who is she?
I don't think that's actually happening, just another rumor. I honestly can't see them changing the status quo at this point to either a woman or any other ethnicity (or ginger for that matter...tsk tsk) but it WOULD be interesting, and daring and shaking up of the whole thing. I mean, come on!

I just hope for something as fresh and bright and funny and interesting as that moment that the Doctor first yelled "RUN!" to Rose as she was attacked by the mannequins.

All this dashing around the universe in a blue box exploring Who the Dr is has been fun and all, but, lets get back to Earth from time to time and be attacked by a chest of drawers.

Can't wait to see what's next!