1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

3. "Muppet Guys Talking" Debuts On-line
    Watch the inspiring documentary "Muppet Guys Talking", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppet release of the year.

4. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

The Doctor Who Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ZeppoAndFriends, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

I agree. Probably the most boring episode I've watched is the Power of Kroll. God, it's sooo boring and stupid. There are these green people and this huge monster they worship called Kroll. It's definitely one of those last minute stories where they just had to throw something together.

2. ZeppoAndFriends

ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

I think it says something about Planet of Fire that they could edit it down to a 68 minute movie without losing anything important to the plot. I wish they'd kept that practice up for some of the other more plodding stories.

3. ZeppoAndFriends

4. Froggy Fool

[​IMG]

Can't forget that one! ^^

5. ZeppoAndFriends

Or this one:

[​IMG]

Froggy Fool likes this.
  6. Froggy Fool

I'm watching The Horns of Nimon right now, and OMG... it's the absolute worst. More boring than The Power of Kroll, and that's saying something. And the costume design for the Nimon. Well.
    [​IMG]
    Heh, I'll leave it at that.
    [​IMG]

7. ZeppoAndFriends

That looks like someone's horrible, homemade Halloween costume. They must've only had half a bundle of shoestrings that week.

muppetgem and Froggy Fool like this.
  8. Froggy Fool

Yeah, and it doesn't help that his voice sounds like crap as well. That whole story is super dumb and boring. This is how the Nimon kills people:
    [​IMG]
    Ooh, scary! :eek: :rolleyes:

9. ZeppoAndFriends

Attack of the laser light show!

Though, to be fair, even the Dalek's death rays looked horrible back then. Even if they had a better budget, the tech just wasn't good enough to hold up in hindsight.

[​IMG]
    "I call zis piece, 'Death by Video Interlacing'."

Froggy Fool likes this.
  10. ZeppoAndFriends

So...how 'bout that local sports team? They're certainly...um...sporting?

11. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Oh...ur, yeah. How's the...family?

12. Froggy Fool

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  13. Pig's Laundry

This is my ranking from LEAST favorite to favorite:

• Six- UGH, I know it's a cliche at this point, but I really do not like him. He was shallow, self obsessed, overly critical. He was just, so annoying. I hate this one. It didn't help that he also got stuck with the most annoying and useless companion in the history of the show. Still, Colin Baker was a really good actor, and on a few rare occasions, particularly when The Doctor got to show his righteous anger, his acting skills really shined through.
    • Fifth Doctor. I know a lot of people like him and have a nostalgic fondness for him, but I always found kind of bland compared to all the others. Also, while he is one of my least favorites I still like him, and he's miles better than the sixth Doctor.
    • The first Doctor
    • The War Doctor- John Hurt did a great job, but we only got one episode plus a tiny cameo with him. He was good in his main story, and I wish we could've seen more of him.
    • Eight- Paul McGann is a really good actor, and his Doctor was delightfully Doctory, but once again he only had two on screen performances. But, both of these appearances really made me want more. It would be great if he could come back and do an episode or two with Jodie I haven't listened to the audios yet.
    • The seventh Doctor He was good in his last season, but suffered from a lot of bad stories and uneven characterization.
    • Third Doctor- He was really cool. By no fault of his own though, I keep forgetting that he exists, probably because he was so different from other incarnations, and partially because i've seen so few of his stories.
    • Second Doctor. He could go from silly to serious in a moment. He helped shape what the character is today. It should be noted that I love Doctors 2 and 4, and 9-12 almost equally.
    • Fourth is my favorite of the classic era.
    • Nine. He added a brilliant charm and subtlety to the role.
    • Ten
    • Eleven
    • Twelfth Doctor. He's grumpy, but has a heart of gold. He's effortlessly cool, but still has a sort of goofy dad quality. Cap may be the most skilled actor to ever play the part. Series 10 definitely solidified him as my favorite.

Froggy Fool likes this.
  14. Froggy Fool

Here's mine from worst to best:

13. The Sixth Doctor (Colin Baker) Yeah, I pretty much agree with you, Pig's Laundry about this guy. He really doesn't feel like the Doctor; he doesn't have that twinkle in his eye that all the other Doctors did. Sure, 1 was grumpy, but he still had that magical sparkle in his eyes. I have to say though, he is a lot more bearable in the Big Finish audios, I actually quite like him there. Oh, also - his coat. Absolute worst costume design. Ever.
    12. The War Doctor (John Hurt) The thing is, I actually really like Hurt in the role; however like PL said, he was only in 2 episodes, and he wasn't exactly the most memorable Doctor. Mostly forgettable IMO. However, I've heard he's really good in the War Doctor audio series.
    11. The Third Doctor (Jon Pertwee) I've gotten a lot of flack for this choice, but I have to say that Pertwee was never my Doctor. A little too James Bond for my tastes. But he was decent. I really need to watch more of his era.
    10. The Ninth Doctor (Christopher Eccleston) I know, I know. You can hate me. It's just that I find Nine to be EXTREMELY overrated. Glad he was only there for 1 season. Plus, I find his episodes to be hit or miss.
    9. The First Doctor (William Hartnell) I really love Hartnell as the Doctor, he is perfect as the Doctor. I truly believe that the show wouldn't have been a hit without Hartnell's stellar performances. Also, his laugh is amazing:
    8. The Eighth Doctor (Paul McGann) God, I wish we had more of this guy. He was awesome as the Doctor. In the TV movie he was good, but OMG he the BEST in "Night of the Doctor". I like to watch that minisode just for his performance. He's also really good in BF.
    7. The Fifth Doctor (Peter Davidson) Up until recently, I really didn't care for 5 all that much, but then I watched the Caves of Androzoni and instantly loved him. I especially love the sarcastic quips he makes!
    6. The Seventh Doctor (Sylvester McCoy) Although his first season was pretty shaky, 7 finally evened out in Seasons 25 and 26 and quickly grew to be one of my favorites! The Curse of Fenric is an absolute masterpiece if you haven't seen it!
    5. The Second Doctor (Patrick Troughton) You know, it's amazing that this guy got the job as the Doctor after Hartnell, because he is just so different from 1, and in a good way! Troughton made the Doctor fun, and he has one of the greatest companions to date (Jamie)! It's a shame a lot of episodes are lost!
    4. The Twelfth Doctor (Peter Capaldi) Ugh, at this point I can't even choose because all of these Doctors are great! But yeah, 12 fell at #4. I love him as the Doctor, how he's grumpy but is actually the nicest guy. The thing that makes him fall at #4 is Series 8 with this companion I don't like (It's Clara. :rolleyes:) plus, they made the Doctor really grumpy which I don't really care for.
    3. The Eleventh Doctor (Matt Smith) Love Matt Smith! He takes a lot of elements from Troughton and mixes them up to make a great and IMO, better version of the Doctor. Love how he rambles, probably the laugh-out-loud funniest of all the Doctors.
    2. The Tenth Doctor (David Tennant) Yeah, you probably saw this coming, but Tennant's my favorite out of the NS Doctors. He was the Doctor I saw first, and I instantly liked. I won't go on because everything I would say would be praise.
    1. The Fourth Doctor (Tom Baker) Really surprised that Tom made #1, I would've thought 10 would win. But then I thought about it and realized that I like Tom a tiny bit more than Tennant. I love his wild, untamed behavior, his curly hair, and his absolutely great companions! He doesn't have a bad one! Plus, he has some of the greatest episodes of the whole series!!

15. ZeppoAndFriends

The weather sure has been...weathery lately?

DON'T MAKE ME DECIDE! I LOVE THEM ALL EQUALLY!

Okay, maybe Five and Six a little less equally, BUT STILL!

Pig's Laundry and Froggy Fool like this.
  16. Pig's Laundry

Looking back at my list now, yeah, I should've put Pertwee at about the same spot you did.

Froggy Fool likes this.
  17. Pig's Laundry

Ok, instead of Doctors, how about New Who series?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  18. Froggy Fool

Okay, well I already ranked NW series in the Top 10 Thread. This is what I said:

19. Froggy Fool

20. ZeppoAndFriends

I actually used that Amy Mebberson one as my desktop for a while, but the Muppet/DW audio I had not heard of.