The Doctor Who Thread

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Has it been said anywhere if Bill's going to continue into the next series? I would seriously love to see her back for at least one more.
We don't know yet, but I also hope she stays. She's fantastic, and there's a lot they didn't explore, like her relationship with her foster-mother. Plus, i'd like a season where she's not tortured in every episode. Could be interesting if Heather joined the TARDIS crew too. And it would be nice to have something from the Moffat era carry over to the next.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Yeah, after all she's been through, Bill deserves more fun adventures.

On the subject of Companions, I hope one of the changes Chris Chibnall has in mind is doing away with the "Dramatically ripped from the Doctor" departures. My biggest peeve with Series 7A is they spent a whole episode setting up a perfectly logical reason for why Amy and Rory would want to just stop travelling with the Doctor, then go "And now, they're trapped in 1930's New York because reasons. Crying yet?"

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
On the subject of Companions, I hope one of the changes Chris Chibnall has in mind is doing away with the "Dramatically ripped from the Doctor" departures. My biggest peeve with Series 7A is they spent a whole episode setting up a perfectly logical reason for why Amy and Rory would want to just stop travelling with the Doctor, then go "And now, they're trapped in 1930's New York because reasons. Crying yet?"
Yeah. Well, at least with Amy and Rory's ending it was kind of fitting because of the whole wibbly-wobbly-timey-wimey, fairytale theme they were going with, with eleven. Still though, it was a bit excessive, after they already had an episode about them outgrowing the Doctor. However, the one that got really tired for me was Clara. I feel like Moffat was definitely trying too hard to make her exit sad, but at that point I had lost interest because we already said goodbye to her two episodes prior.

:grr: You see, this is why we can't have nice things!
Oh well, I just hope it's a good exit for both Bill and 12. :sigh:

Last edited:

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Yeah. Well, at least with Amy and Rory's ending it was kind of fitting because of the whole wibbly-wobbly-timey-wimey, fairytale theme they were going with, with eleven. Still though, it was a bit excessive, after they already had an episode about them outgrowing the Doctor.
After posting, I found out that Amy and Rory's exit was Moffat granting Karen's wish to be killed by a Weeping Angel.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
After posting, I found out that Amy and Rory's exit was Moffat granting Karen's wish to be killed by a Weeping Angel.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. He did the same thing for Capaldi with the Mondasian Cybermen. I'd love to see another Weeping Angels story that really focuses on them as a villain.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. He did the same thing for Capaldi with the Mondasian Cybermen.
On that subject, I love that they not only brought them back, but managed to make the original cobbled-together design work on a show that's as high quality and polished as New!Who (as the hip kids have taken to calling it).

Although, according to Moffat, the Cybus-right-down-to-the-logo Cyberman under Stonehenge, the Cybus-with-the-logo-removed Cybermen in A Good Man Goes To War and Closing Time, and the redesigned Cybermen in Nightmare in Silver were all intended to be Mondasian Cybermen, even though they didn't act much like them.
I'd love to see another Weeping Angels story that really focuses on them as a villain.
I actually had an idea for a Weeping Angels story a while back, but:
  1. The chances of me ever getting to write for Doctor Who are miniscule at best.
  2. I forgot what it was. :stick_out_tongue:

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Alright, pencils up! Question one:
How can this not put a smile on your face?

A: Because you are one of the rabid, unpleasable buffoons who are going around calling July 16th, 2017 "The Day Doctor Who Died".
B: You were stripped of your ability to feel joy in some sort of horrible accident.
C: You hate cosplaying with a burning passion and have made it your mission in life to ruin it for other people.
D: You're a block of granite.​

Seriously, Pig, I know you said the fanboys weren't happy, but I didn't realize there was this much vitrol about it.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Alright, pencils up! Question one:

A: Because you are one of the rabid, unpleasable buffoons who are going around calling July 16th, 2017 "The Day Doctor Who Died".
B: You were stripped of your ability to feel joy in some sort of horrible accident.
C: You hate cosplaying with a burning passion and have made it your mission in life to ruin it for other people.
D: You're a block of granite.​

Seriously, Pig, I know you said the fanboys weren't happy, but I didn't realize there was this much vitrol about it.
Just bare in mind that most of the people who are angry about this are men in their thirties. The majority of fans seem to be on board with Jodie. So, while the show may be losing a few fans (although, I suspect most of the complainers will continue to watch) i'm sure it will gain a lot of new ones (hopefully more pleasant ones).