The Doctor Who Thread

Beauregard

Reaction score
Really great episode and over-all a fantastic second-half to the series. I was about ready to give up on Who before this series, and feel like I'm fully back to the Whoniverse.

I really enjoyed the clever use of various doctors (although I've not seen many episodes of previous ones).

I am literally SO excited to see the use of John Hurt. It is going to be INCREDIBLE even though I've no idea what direction they will follow.

As for his "name". I always knew they wouldn't tell us it, but I LOVE that the meaning of his "Doctor" name was what made this episode really matter.

I've no idea about what it means to cross time-streams or jump into open time wounds or whatever...but LOVE the explanation of Clara (especially because it means the Clara we've been seeing is (theoretically) the "original" Clara.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
I just realized something. While Russel's were mostly self-contained, since Steven Moffat took over, he's been building the Series on top of each other. The resolution of one Series' plotline raising questions to be answered in the next, building an arc that's now coming to a head. Meaning Moff's been building to the upcoming 50th Anniversary Special since Series 5.

Can anyone find a hole in this theory? :embarrassed:

Animal31

Reaction score
all kidding aside my theory is that Matt Smith is not really the 11th Doctor...but number 12 or later.... sorry for speaking in riddles but I don't want to give too many spoilers
Not sure that would work, I remember somewhere in the series it was mentioned that the Doctor could only regenerate twelve times, so that would have made Matt the last?

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Twelve times for a total of thirteen lives. If that theory is correct, there's still one more Doctor left after Matt.

Animal31

Reaction score
Twelve times for a total of thirteen lives. If that theory is correct, there's still one more Doctor left after Matt.
Exactly, if Matt is the eleventh, the original Doctor I would think would still have to be counted as number one because it is not the Time Lord's true form...

DannyRWW

Reaction score
The Doctor always lies... I'm sure even if it he does only have one regeneration left (or none) the 50th anniversary episode may be about him finding a way out of that..or outright rewriting history.... though it would explain the fall of the eleventh prophecy...its not about Smith falling but more a reveal that he is not the eleventh... I just don't see Hurt being a Doctor from the future...though he may just be an aspect of the Doctor and not a regeneration of him....

Animal31

Reaction score
That's where I got confused, he said it was him, he never called him the Doctor. So even though he was titled that way at the end, I wonder if he could be a dark part of the Doctor BEFORE he became the Doctor?

DannyRWW

Reaction score
hmmm perhaps not the valeyard...but some variation there of between other regenerations...