1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

The Doctor Who Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ZeppoAndFriends, Jun 20, 2011.

1. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

2. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Alright, the two part season finale is soon. Some major stuff is going down, but i'm going to try to avoid spoilers for a week because I want to watch both parts on the same day. That means I have to not look at Doctor Who news sites, or any websites that would cover TV news for an entire week. This is gonna be hard :o

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  3. Pig's Laundry

Is it me or is it taking a super long time for them to announce the next Doctor?

4. ZeppoAndFriends

ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

Maybe, instead of announcing it, they're going to keep it secret until the Christmas special airs, and they'll be all, "Merry Christmas! Here's the next Doctor!"

5. Pig's Laundry

Frankly, that would be amazing. And they have kept a lot of things secret this season, besides John Simm's return. Last season they were terrible about spoilers. They somehow let it leak that Davros was coming back, and they gave very detailed descriptions of the last two episodes just weeks before they aired.

6. Pig's Laundry

Nope, looks like the 13th Doctor will be revealed in just two days:

I'm excited but scared. Also, I wish I could be in denial about Capaldi leaving for a little while longer.

7. ZeppoAndFriends

Same here. I know I've said this about all the new series Doctors (maybe not in this thread, but somewhere), but Capaldi is definitely my favorite. This is the first time I've been truly sad to see a Doctor go.

8. Pig's Laundry

Welp, here we are. And the new Doctor is an actress named Jodie Whittaker!
    https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-...tor-who-jodie-whittaker-announced-13th-doctor

And here's the announcement video:

Some fanboys are angry about this, but i'm super excited. The show has never picked a bad actor to be the Doctor. Yes, even Colin Baker was a good actor. And i've been watching Broadchurch, so I can definitely say that Jodie is a brilliant actor!

heralde likes this.
  9. ZeppoAndFriends

And still not ginger!

Pig's Laundry likes this.
  10. Pig's Laundry

It's okay, at least her hair is still really pretty like Capaldi's.

ZeppoAndFriends likes this.
  11. ZeppoAndFriends

Are the fanboys ever not angry?

"Yay! Russell T. Hack is leaving! Long live Lord Moffat!" "Moffat stinks! Bring Russell back!" "They both stink! I should be in charge!" "Ten is best Doctor! Bring back Ten!" "No, Eleven's the best!" "Read my fan fiction where Clara kills Twelve over and over until he turns back into Eleven!" "Matt should've reverse-regenerated back into David!" "Colin wasn't that bad!" "BLASPHEMY!" "DESTROY HIM!" *Is dogpiled into oblivion*
    Yeah, Capaldi had some rockin' Doctor hair.

heralde and Pig's Laundry like this.
  12. Pig's Laundry

Ah yes, there's even a chart:
    [​IMG]

I think it's a tradition for each Doctor's hair to get more amazing as time goes on.

heralde likes this.
  13. ZeppoAndFriends

A fact of the Internet: If a pattern emerges, a chart will be made of it.
    Maybe with 14, we'll finally get the long-awaited Doctor with a mohawk.

14. Pig's Laundry

Yes. Baldness is NOT an option.

15. ZeppoAndFriends

[​IMG]

16. Pig's Laundry

I rest my case.

17. ZeppoAndFriends

"I'm wearing a wig!"

18. Pig's Laundry

Peter Capaldi is just the greatest:

19. Pig's Laundry

The first trailer for Capaldi's last episode!

20. ZeppoAndFriends

Those were just the pick-me-up I needed!

Has it been said anywhere if Bill's going to continue into the next series? I would seriously love to see her back for at least one more.