The dutch Queen Mom

leliebel

Reaction score
I've just heard that Princess Juliana has died. I'm not a patriot but she was an incredible queen. She hated protocol and didn't speak in royal plural. She was very modern and defiant. I can only hope that her Grandson well tread in her footsteps.

Beebers

Reaction score
Oh, Juliana's been queen forever just about, has she not? That's too bad. The Dutch royal family is the only one I ever actually liked or thought anything of. I remember a piece about them in Life Magazine when I was very small, years ago, they seemed like good and interesting people.

:frown:

leliebel

Reaction score
she reigned for 32 years, and she was very special. She was a lot more progressive and "normal" than our current queen. She's nickenamed the mother of the netherlands. :smile:

Beebers

Reaction score
Yes, that's what I thought. Isn't that odd, to me anyway, you would think people would get more progressive, not less, down through time and generations, but they don't always. You'd think the younger would take Juliana's example and be the same or even more so. Juliana, now that I'm thinking back, used to be actually cited as a role model here to young women, as a model of what gracious intellect can accomplish. Wouldn't THAT be nice to have more of nowadays - Gracious Intellect, from both men and women.

:cool: