The "E" skit no Muppet Central fan has ever talked about

mikealan

Reaction score
Does any Muppet Central fan remember this short and surreal cartoon on SS? I saw it as a baby and on the debut SS episode on the Museum of Television and Radio. It was the one about the letter E that featured a queen, a seal, an eagle and an Easter egg and it goes like this:

E...E...
See me
Eating a peach
Sitting on my eagle
Chasing a beagle
To the queen on her knees
Under a tree
By the sea
She was looking for her Easter egg
Having a dream about eating ice cream
In the Land of Steam
When a baby seal
Tickled her heel
She let out a squeal
And woke from her dream in time to see
The eagle and me
Flying away with the Easter egg
Over the evening sea
Hee hee hee
E...E.

I didn't remember much of it as a kid, now if I remembered it now, I think that it was freaky: it had E's on a couple of things that have the sound of the letter E. Would you guys remember this? Please let me know!

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
I do indeed remember it. It happens to be one of my faves too! I also have SS Episode 1 on tape, thanks to a trade with D.W. McKim.

Thanks again, D.W.! Oh yes, and please inform me on the status of our current trade. Hope to hear from you soon!

PS. If anyone knows who created it, please make a note of it in the SS Animators thread.

mikealan

Reaction score
Thanks for remembering Boober Gorg!!!

Do you guys know how to download this surreal "E" skit to Muppet Central Radio and let me know if you can.

Thanks!

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
I can record it from my stereo VCR, transfer the track from CDRW to mp3, and send the file to you (or Phillip Chapman) somehow.

Soul H

Reaction score
Did anyone ever find the music in that song haunting? And can I have a copy of the song too?

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
E song has been talked about several times on MC.Happens to be one of my personal favorites as well & I do agree the music to it is very surreal.:zany:

superfan

Reaction score
A beautiful little skit! They don't make 'em like that anymore.

Only the words 'eating', Easter', 'egg', and 'evening' started with the letter 'E"! Everything else just emphasized the long 'e' sound within the words.
So, it was and it wasn't a skit about the letter 'E'.

mikealan

Reaction score
'E' Imagination on Unpaved

the 'E' song is officially titled 'E' Imagination and was used in two Unpaved episodes-#1 and #1446. I'm not sure it made a final appearance on Season 23 or 24...