The E True Hollywood Story: Monsterpiece Theater

minor muppetz

Reaction score
(An mage of a letter E appears on-screen)
Announcer: Ladies and gentlemen, the letter E presents...
(an image of a title card reading "The E True Hollywood Story" appears on-screen)
Announcer: "The E True Hollywood Story", brought to you by the letter E. Tonight, the E True Hollywood Story presents....
(Cut to the original Monsterpiece Theater title card)
Announcer:...Monsterpeice Theater! And now, here's our host, Kermit the Frog.
(fade to the Monsterpiece Theater set, with Kermit in reporter attire)
Kermit: (to off-screen person) Yeah, this is a really great.. What? I'm on TV? (notices camera on) Oh, hi, ho! Kermit the Frog here, reporting for the E True Hollywood Story. Tonight, we look back at Monsterpiece Theater!
(Still shots from various Monsterpeice Theater segments are shown, while the theme music plays)
Kermit: Monsterpiece Theater was a monster hit with audiences. Everybody liked the show. I even appeared in o0ne episode. And today, thanks to funding by the letter E, we will learn the true history oif the show.
(fades abck to Monsterpeice Theater set)
Kermit: And here is the hsot of Monsterpeice Theater, Alistar Cookie.
Alistar Cookie: Hi!
Kermit: Now, how were you approached to appear on this show?
Alistar Cookie: They offered me thousand cookies a week.
Kermit: Do you know whose idea it was for this show to be..
Alistar Cookie: Oh, no, me know nothing about shows initial development.
Kermit: Oh, okay. But I understand in the shows early years that you had a pipe problem.
(cut to montage of clips where Alistar Cookie eats his pipes)
Alistar Cookie: Oh, yeah, me always ate me pipe at the end of show. Censors complained. Parents complained about their kids seeing me eat pipe. And the guy in charge of budget didn't like having to pay for new pipe each week. So me gave up pipe, and focus exclusively on COOKIES!
Kermit: Well, you shouldn't just eat cookies..
Alistar Cookie: Me know, and by way, this not the right time to discuss healthy eating.
Kermit: Sorry. Anyway, you eventually got to star in one epsidoe yourself.
Alistar Cookie: Oh, yeah! It was the classic Twin Beaks!
(cut to a clip from the Twin Beaks segment)
Alistar Cookie: Me remember the time when you starred in an episode.
Kermit: How could I forget?
(cut to clip from the Gone with the Wind segment)
Kermit: One of the shows most frequent performers was the one and only Grover.
Grover: (running up to Kermit) Heyyy, froggy babyyyyy! (slaps Kermit on the back)
Kermit: Well, Grover...
Grover: Yes!
Kermit: I would like to talk to you about your appearances on Monsterpeice Theater.
Grover: Well, it was a lot of hard work.
Kermit: I bet it was. You stared in a lot of episodes.
Grover: Yes. I was in (clips from each are shown as Grover names them) "Upstairs, Downstairs", "Chariots of Fur", "The Sound of Music", "The King and I", "Waiting for Elmo", "The 39 Stairs", "Much Ado About Nothing", "ABCD Blue", "The Postman Always Rings Twice", "The Taming of the Shoe", and probably something else that I completely forgot about.
Kermit: Well, which one was your favorite?
Grover: Well, I really liked acting in "The King and I" and "The Taming of the Shoe".
Alistar Cookie: Those good performances.
Grover: Thank you. But I really did not like acting in "The 39 Stairs" or "Upstairs, Downstairs".
Alistar Cookie: Oh, me really enjoyed "Upstairs, Downstairs".
Kermit: Well, it is time to end this show. (to audience) And this was the true hollywood story of Monsterpeice Theater. This show has been brought to you by the letter E.