The eBay Muppet Knock-off Thread

SurfPark

Reaction score
Since we seem to keep finding eBay Muppet Knock-offs, I've decided to start a thread we can keep track of them with.

Just found one for a Kermit and an Elmo. I think its tacky when they post the listings and rename the characters or act like their just a generic puppet. Its called copyright infrigement people! I understand that people would love to own a Muppet, but they need to make it themseleves. If I spent time to design a character, I'd hate these counterfeit artists!

I'm tempted to report these people.

puppetise

Reaction score
thats a bad coppy of kermit and no way can he say its not kermit... some people just dont understand the copyright laws sheesh

Vic Romano

Reaction score
There are several things that can get users here at MC really hot:
• The quality of the Muppets since Jim's death
• Continuity between Muppet Babies, Muppet movies and The Muppet Show
• and Muppet replicas on E-bay
Just a heads up that this thread might get angry, personal and closed! :wink:

faze

Reaction score
I have seen Replicas of Elmo, Kermit the Frog, Beaker, The Count, on ebay, if people can make replicas like that, why cant they use their imaginattion, creativity to make their own puppets or characters?

IT always ticks me off when i see an muppet replica. And they go it is not the exact either a distant cousin, similiar looking but not the same, hello it still looks like a muppet, and they give it the same name, and sell it for profit.
Hello its copyright infringement.

I dont have a problem with building muppet/fraggle/sesames street like build replicas for family friends - that is a different story.
but when the sell them on ebay - its breaking the law by copyright infringement - and are trying to make a profit of something that they have not created

I would love to hear other peoples opinions, about this,

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Kermit knock-off [Phillip] Puppet: If they changed the eyes, it might not look so much like a really bad Kermit. >> Well, that and the collar.

Elmo knock-off Puppet: "This puppet is an interpretation, not an exact replication, it is in no way shape or form identical to it's likeness."

O_O My goodness!! They are out-right LYING about this puppet! I swear it looks like they just walked in Sesame Street, and ripped it off of the lot! If it looked anymore like Elmo, we'd see freaking Kevin Clash underneath it!

Even the grain of the fur is the exact same! ....my goodness. I'm suprised CTW (whatever they're called now...) hasn't lit upon these people like fire on dry land! It's amazing what people try to sell on eBay nowadays.

I can...sorta tolerate the Kermit on crack styled puppet, it just looks like somewhat decided to make the puppet, and figured they sell it. Just barely tolerate it.

That Elmo thing....good gracious. They really....my goodness, they really look like just ripped the thing off of the lots ya know. >>

Edit'd: Looked again at the Phillip puppet thing. That kid is so cute in that last picture! :big_grin:

Zoot The Saxman

Reaction score
SurfPark said:
Since we seem to keep finding eBay Muppet Knock-offs, I've decided to start a thread we can keep track of them with.

Just found one for a Kermit and an Elmo. I think its tacky when they post the listings and rename the characters or act like their just a generic puppet. Its called copyright infrigement people! I understand that people would love to own a Muppet, but they need to make it themseleves. If I spent time to design a character, I'd hate these counterfeit artists!

I'm tempted to report these people.

Vic Is Right........There ARE touchy Subjects in here.......This is one of them. I would Like to make a motion on the board, for this thread to be ix nayed!!! BEFORE it gets heated. I think it's the right thing to do....As far as "I am Temped to report these people" Nobody likes a Stool Pigion, Squeeler, Whistle Blower......It should just go down as " It IS what It IS " we might not like it, but thats that!:cool:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
*ROFLMAO* Seriously, I'm teary from laughter! What drugs has Kermit bee abusing there?

zns

Reaction score
We have to let Henson and SW know about this. This charade cannot and must not continue on.:mad: :attitude: :grouchy:

Zoot The Saxman

Reaction score
zns said:
We have to let Henson and SW know about this. This charade cannot and must not continue on.:mad: :attitude: :grouchy:

Okayyyyyyy Here we GO.............................