1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The eBay Muppet Knock-off Thread

Discussion in 'Puppets For Sale' started by SurfPark, Feb 28, 2006.

1. SurfPark

SurfPark New Member

Since we seem to keep finding eBay Muppet Knock-offs, I've decided to start a thread we can keep track of them with.

Just found one for a Kermit and an Elmo. I think its tacky when they post the listings and rename the characters or act like their just a generic puppet. Its called copyright infrigement people! I understand that people would love to own a Muppet, but they need to make it themseleves. If I spent time to design a character, I'd hate these counterfeit artists!

I'm tempted to report these people.
  2. puppetise

puppetise Member

thats a bad coppy of kermit and no way can he say its not kermit... some people just dont understand the copyright laws sheesh
  3. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

There are several things that can get users here at MC really hot:
    • The quality of the Muppets since Jim's death
    • Continuity between Muppet Babies, Muppet movies and The Muppet Show
    • and Muppet replicas on E-bay
    Just a heads up that this thread might get angry, personal and closed! ;)
  4. faze

faze New Member

I have seen Replicas of Elmo, Kermit the Frog, Beaker, The Count, on ebay, if people can make replicas like that, why cant they use their imaginattion, creativity to make their own puppets or characters?

IT always ticks me off when i see an muppet replica. And they go it is not the exact either a distant cousin, similiar looking but not the same, hello it still looks like a muppet, and they give it the same name, and sell it for profit.
    Hello its copyright infringement.

I dont have a problem with building muppet/fraggle/sesames street like build replicas for family friends - that is a different story.
    but when the sell them on ebay - its breaking the law by copyright infringement - and are trying to make a profit of something that they have not created

I would love to hear other peoples opinions, about this,
  5. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Active Member

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Oh no, not again!
  6. ReneeLouvier

ReneeLouvier Active Member

Kermit knock-off [Phillip] Puppet: If they changed the eyes, it might not look so much like a really bad Kermit. >> Well, that and the collar.

Elmo knock-off Puppet: "This puppet is an interpretation, not an exact replication, it is in no way shape or form identical to it's likeness."

O_O My goodness!! They are out-right LYING about this puppet! I swear it looks like they just walked in Sesame Street, and ripped it off of the lot! If it looked anymore like Elmo, we'd see freaking Kevin Clash underneath it!

Even the grain of the fur is the exact same! ....my goodness. I'm suprised CTW (whatever they're called now...) hasn't lit upon these people like fire on dry land! It's amazing what people try to sell on eBay nowadays.

I can...sorta tolerate the Kermit on crack styled puppet, it just looks like somewhat decided to make the puppet, and figured they sell it. Just barely tolerate it.

That Elmo thing....good gracious. They really....my goodness, they really look like just ripped the thing off of the lots ya know. >>

Edit'd: Looked again at the Phillip puppet thing. That kid is so cute in that last picture! :D

7. Vic Is Right........There ARE touchy Subjects in here.......This is one of them. I would Like to make a motion on the board, for this thread to be ix nayed!!! BEFORE it gets heated. I think it's the right thing to do....As far as "I am Temped to report these people" Nobody likes a Stool Pigion, Squeeler, Whistle Blower......It should just go down as " It IS what It IS " we might not like it, but thats that!:cool:
  8. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

*ROFLMAO* Seriously, I'm teary from laughter! What drugs has Kermit bee abusing there?
  9. zns

zns Active Member

We have to let Henson and SW know about this. This charade cannot and must not continue on.:mad: :attitude: :grouchy:

10. Okayyyyyyy Here we GO.............................
  11. Buck-Beaver

Suppoedly they're already aware of this and it's ultimately their responsibility to do something about the problem so I think people shouldn't get too worked up about it. Both SW and Disney pay lots of lawyers lots of money to worry about this kind of stuff.
  12. Yeah!!!!!! You Tell em Buck!!!! Listen To Buck.........He's the Man......Who Knows It all.
  13. Buck-Beaver

I just looked at the Kermit auction - that's hilarious. It's right up there with the "professional counting vampire puppet".

If nothing else, you have to admire the creativity in the item descriptions.
  14. ReneeLouvier

Yeah, Kermit found some really bad stuff or something. XD It looks like that kid asked her mom to make Kermit. [hence no pattern used] I do have to give whoever made that kudos though. For attempting Kermit w/o a pattern. It's almost passable!

Yeah, I also agree with Buck, the descriptions are very well thought out.
  15. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Ok,lets make it that you can show replicas but not comment about them.Any concern complaints should be addressed directly to Henson,Muppets Holding Company or Sesame Workshop.Obviously complaining here that something should be down,doesnt work because we are just fans and dont have legal powers and then insults fly.For those who want to do something about it,please contact the respective owner direct and let this thread continue so we can get chuckles from it with what people are up to!!!
  16. puppetise

puppetise Member

hey eBay executives are using the forums to find these so look out for them
  17. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

18. Iokitek

Iokitek New Member

I totally agree :) It's a good looking puppet in my opinion. Just too overdressed.
  19. ReneeLouvier

[Shameless Commentary]*FatBlue eBay Puppet* Hey dudes....where's the par-tay?
  20. Tztz

Tztz Member

LOL the fat guy is a good-looking puppet but really bad-taste dressed :)