1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The eBay Muppet Knock-off Thread

Discussion in 'Puppets For Sale' started by SurfPark, Feb 28, 2006.

1. Boba Lynn

Boba Lynn Member

Thanks!!

This thread is a total insult to what this board is about.

People should know better then to start trash like this, it serves nobody any good and is ment to stir up a mess.

You guys making fun of those other people's puppets really need to stand back and look at how bad you really sound, this isn't what this board is about, you need to be ashamed of your selves for picking on others people work.

I'm sure JH would be ashamed of you as well if he read these coments, I know I am and I'm a noob.

People gotta start somewhere, my Kermit puppet my not be the greatest either, but I'm trying and it is a start.

Lynn
  2. mummytomb

mummytomb Member

I'm enjoying it.
  3. Boba Lynn

Boba Lynn Member

They more then likely already know.

If they are like the big movie CO's they already know what is going on and probably frequent these very boards time to time.

It has been a proven fact that LFL (Lucas Film) frequents and knows about visits the very prop boards that I belong to and knows all to well what goes on.
    LFL also is very gracious to us fans and lets "some" fan activity go on with those boards, that is a proven fact as well. They have stated if you get too big or visable, they WILL drop the hammer, again proven, just receintly as a matter of fact.

I'm sure it is the same here, with a board as visable as this one, they know about it and what goes on.

Lynn
  4. Boba Lynn

Boba Lynn Member

Did you bring your pop corn and soda to watch?? LOL!!

Lynn
  5. puppetise

puppetise Member

not really, i understand it
    let mummy and daddy talk:)
  6. Puppetplanet

Puppetplanet Member

Well, thats a matter of opinion and mostly depends on the character your trying to copy. Kermit, for example is fairly simple due to the free access of his reverse engineered head pattern right here on MC. Also, this eBay auction kit includes a complete pattern for Kermit himself (and a variety of other popular characters). Making it quite easy for anyone to duplicate a Kermit puppet.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6054875315&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_ReBay_Pr4_PcY_BIN_IT

Having purchased this kit a little while ago for it's wide variety of helpful resourses. I have access to this pattern and the ability to build and sell Kermit puppets to my hearts desire. However, you don't see me doing it because I prefer to make money off MY OWN work.

Actually, I've taken a look at your site and you've got some awesome talent and ability to create characters with (dare I say it) far more detail and modern style than kermit the frog. I can't figure out why in the world you would want to be known as the muppet duplicator when your capable of so much more? Personally, I would much rather see a few of your unique characters on eBay than duplications.

Just my opinion,
    -Michele
  7. Boba Lynn

Boba Lynn Member

There is no shame in that.

Lynn
  8. Puppetplanet

Puppetplanet Member

Sure, I'm quite aware that some people don't mind riding the skirts of someone elses popularity and success instead of making their own. Thats usually left to those who don't have talent or imagination ..... which obviously doesn't appear to be the case here.

-Michele
  9. Boba Lynn

Boba Lynn Member

Missunderstanding.....

Lynn
  10. Puppetplanet

Puppetplanet Member

*laughing* Considering the fact that I wasn't referring to your work I don't see how you could have taken offense to anything I said. Infact, even though the statement I made was not about YOU at all, it was still a compliment, hence the statement "which obviously doesn't appear to be the case here". So relax.

And no one said that you weren't entitled to an opinion regardless of wether or not it is the same as mine or anyone elses! All opinions are welcome and appreciated here, I respect what everyone has to say and I expect the same in return.

-Michele
  11. Boba Lynn

Boba Lynn Member

Sorry....
    And that is what I hate about these threads at times, I thought what you were saying was directed to me and what I posted directly before you. If you look it at it, it could have gone either way, I took it the wrong way.
    My apologies.

Lynn
  12. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

the reverse engineered pattern is far from a pattern of a professional Kermit puppet. You will just get the same result as you would ripping the stuffing out of a Kermit doll. I have never seen a Kermit puppet "replica" on ebay that I would mistake for the real thing ever. No one is making copies that are that good. Sorry to all those who try, but it's true. Some get real close, but none truly look like a "replica".

Anyway, I say it's great for people to make there own muppet puppet characters. It's like sculpting toys. Some people make their own original sculpts, while others use their attention to drtail to sculpt some toys based on existing characters. No shame in aving the ability to closing replicate a muppet. It's actually hard to make it look good.

you can get all bent out of cshape because a few people are selling "replica" muppets, or you can just accept it as a fact and move on. People do what they want. Will selling a Kermit "replica" lead to the death of a child? No? Will it kill your puppy? No? Then who really cares? If Disney isn't stopping it, then why should you care?
  13. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

My words actually. Just everyone shut it and be nice and lets all be jolly and friendly. YEAAAAAA!!! *throws snow up in the air* Whoops, there's no snow here. What in the world did I..*BONK!*....*lays on ground with big bump on head*
  14. yeah you do that!!! play with the snow in never never land were no likes to agree to dissagree....lol lol wish i was there, you seem so happy.
  15. Boba Lynn

Boba Lynn Member

Very nice puppet!!

Lynn
  16. puppetise

puppetise Member

thats low even 4 jb its clearliy oscar styled difrently *eats snow then pukes *** was that
  17. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

That is a nice grouch.
  18. rtgentry

rtgentry Member

I love that little grouch.... muppet style but nothing wrong with selling it ......I want it!!!
  19. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Ah-nold tha' Grouch... It's not ah tumor... it's ah knock off. Ha ha!