1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The eBay Muppet Knock-off Thread

Discussion in 'Puppets For Sale' started by SurfPark, Feb 28, 2006.

1. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

It's not a different styled Oscar, it's a baby grough and it really looks like a baby grounch should look. I thihnk it's great.
  2. intozlight

intozlight New Member

With all the talk here about infringment, I think baby grouch is cool. No reason at all that you can't make a puppet "In the style of..."
    This is fun work that takes something wonderful and makes it his own. With enough variance you could probably make grouches for years without infringing. That is what creativity is all about.

Keep up the good work.

3. I agree who want's a grouch!!! I have a wife!!!!! lol lol
  4. Puppetplanet

Puppetplanet Member

Very nice grouch, and cute as a baby..... but unfortuantely, still copyright infringment. The "grouch" character was created and designed by henson and therefore owned by them/Disney now.... right?

Anyway, I think he probably would be in the clear if he didn't call it a "grouch" per se, but it may still look TOO much like Oscar to be certain.

I saw an awesome looking fraggle on eBay that was pulled by Vero even though it clearly wasn't one of the original fraggle characters (different colors), it just looked like one. I think it was pulled because he made the mistake of using "Fraggle" in the description. If I'm not mistaken that was one of JB's puppets as well. I think he relisted it after changing some words around in the description... can't remember what it sold for though.

-Michele
  5. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Time To Bid!!!!! Yeaaaaaaaa!!!!
  6. Puppetplanet

Puppetplanet Member

Glad you have $500 to spend on a puppet, go bid.... you haven't yet! :excited:
  7. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Its proubley because I don't have that much to spend. That and I didn't see how much until after I saw the guy.
  8. Keeermit

Keeermit Active Member

Well being the creator of this grouch... I can say that he is not an Oscar rip-off, he is styled from all the grouch characters from grouchland. he has a different skull than oscar and anyway not that any of this is important. Any publicity is good publicity i guess :) its funny i can put 20 origianls and no one talks at all about them... I do a puppet like this and its mostly negative. Lets try and be a little less negative on this forum all the time, enjoy life :) I do
  9. I think he is pure brilliance. Keep up the great work with ALL of your puppets.
  10. hennesprod

hennesprod New Member

I love it! Nice Craftman ship! I want to see your other puppets.

Cheers,

William
  11. TopperFraggle

TopperFraggle Member

12. Arislan

Arislan New Member

If you examine that asian eBay seller's feedback you will notice that he has faked shill feedback. The replicas in his auction photos look good but I think it's a scam. :sleep::boo:

Which is too bad as I'd love to get a real nice Elmo replica.