The Ed Sullivan Show

Pug Lover

Reaction score
During the 1960s the muppets were commonly seen on The Ed Sullivan Show.There would be a skit from one or two or more muppet characters included on the show.I recall two of them involving Kermit.One had Kermit sitting on a lillipad,gobbling up tiny muppet creatures.At the end of the skit,Kermit was gobbled up by a bigger muppet creature.This same skit would later be used in an episode of The Muppet Show.But with a different muppet character in the role.The other Ed Sullivan skit I recall that featured Kermit,was a rather odd version of the character.This character had the face of Kermit,and a blonde wig of hair like Goldilocks,and sang in a high female voice. :smile:

Stulz

Reaction score
Pug Lover said:
During the 1960s the muppets were commonly seen on The Ed Sullivan Show.There would be a skit from one or two or more muppet characters included on the show.I recall two of them involving Kermit.One had Kermit sitting on a lillipad,gobbling up tiny muppet creatures.At the end of the skit,Kermit was gobbled up by a bigger muppet creature.This same skit would later be used in an episode of The Muppet Show.But with a different muppet character in the role.The other Ed Sullivan skit I recall that featured Kermit,was a rather odd version of the character.This character had the face of Kermit,and a blonde wig of hair like Goldilocks,and sang in a high female voice. :smile:
You can find the 1st skit mentioned on the recently released DVD "Muppets Magic: from the Ed Sullivan Show"

jediX

Reaction score
Yea...both of those were. The second one is where a creepy drag version of Kermit sings "I've Grown Accustomed to Your Face" and gets hauled off stage by Yorick, a purple skull-like dude.