The Emmy balloon in the Macy's parade!

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Hey y'all, did anybody else see the Emmy balloon that debuted in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade? I thought it was AWEsome! I--I couldn't get over all the detail, and the critical accalim!

Really!

I couldn't!

For those of you who didn't get to see, they had this GREAT replica of our own "EmmyMik", standin' up dressed in her everyday casual wear. She was holdin' a muffin in one hand and a postcard in the other. The commontaters were really pleased, too:

"Oh, and speaking of 'Muppet Central', here comes the first ever Emmy balloon.....[*parade band music in background, Emmy slowly comes floatin' along*].....oh, there she is........just look at her......the first balloon to debut from MC, Emmy stands over 80 feet tall, and she requires 18 strong-handed posters to guide her down the streets---"

"Yes, and just look at all that detail! The glasses, the postcard, and---I believe that that muffin she's holding is a blueberry one, am I right?--"

"You know, I think you are!" *commontaters laugh* "Wow, the people behind Emmy this year certainly knew what they were doing when they drew up the plans for her!"

"I'll say...well, a big hello to all the Muppet fans out there, and if you'll look closely at Emmy's postcard, it says 'A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie NBC 8:00'...so, not only is Emmy a wonderful representative of Muppet fandom in the parade, but a great reminder for the new TV movie tomorrow as well..."

And then they went to a commercial, and I had to go shower and get ready to go home to the folks'---so I'm not sure if they showed Emmy anymore, but if they did, I hope somebody taped it! It all happened so suddenly, I didn't have a chance! :frown:

But, anyway, congratulations Emmy!! I'm SO happy to hear your balloon was such a great success! :big_grin: And "way to go!" to all you posters who helped guide her through the parade! :smile: That musta been one amazing experience...I hope to get to help with an MC member balloon next year! :smile:

EmmyMik

Reaction score
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I was eating pie, it would have come out of my nose...

:big_grin:

Jackie

Reaction score
How about the Emmy brick in AVMMCM!!!!!!

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jackie
How about the Emmy brick in AVMMCM!!!!!!
Emmy brick? What about how Joan Cusack kept calling the Muppets 'Muffins'? Too much! ^_^

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I don't remember the brick, but I missed the balloon. Heck, I missed the whole parade. I slept all morning long.

FOZ