1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

The "Explain Your Avatar" Thread

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by Schfifty, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

A particularly cute picture of Giggles from Happy Tree Friends.

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  2. Flaky Pudding

A Porg, the new species of creatures that will be in Star Wars:The Last Jedi.

3. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

The movie?

4. Flaky Pudding

Yes, Disney confirmed they will be in the next film.

5. Flaky Pudding

Ickis from AAHHH! Real Monsters (Robot Chicken version)

scooterfan360 likes this.
  6. MikaelaMuppet

Why do you have him as your new avatar then?:confused:

7. Flaky Pudding

Huh?

8. MikaelaMuppet

Why do you have the Robot Chicken version of Ickis if you are afraid of him?

9. Flaky Pudding

AAAHH! Real Monsters is the name of the show. I'm not afraid of him at all (I'm not even afraid of Jason Voorhees when he's on Robot Chicken, I know it's all just comedy)

10. MikaelaMuppet

Then why did you put this?

Ickis from AAHHH! Real Monsters (Robot Chicken version)

11. Flaky Pudding

He's a character from a show called AAHH! Real Monsters in Robot Chicken form. Same thing as saying Kermit from The Muppets (Robot Chicken version). It's just a title, not a personal opinion

12. MikaelaMuppet

Oops. Thought that was your confessing fear.

13. Flaky Pudding

Not at all. I used to watch the show all the time as a kid and it is simply the Robot Chicken sendup one of my beloved childhood memories (done in a surprisingly respectful, non childhood ruining way by their standards).

In fact, I loved AAAHH! Real Monsters so much as a kid that I nearly jumped out of my seat with excitement when I saw Robot Chicken do a parody of it. Still one of my favorite 90s skits they've done to this day :). But when they do parody other things I was scared of as a kid, it still doesn't bother me. I don't get freaked out when they make fun of my childhood fears nor do I get offended when they make fun of my fictional crushes. Funny is funny, no matter what the source material (as long as they aren't making fun of a real life tragedy or something, I'm completely cool with them parodying fictional things I've felt strongly about over the years)

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
  14. MikaelaMuppet

A nice looking picture of one of my favorite actors and his beautiful looking wife.

Their names are John and Elizabeth Larroquette for those not familiar.

15. Furball 8

Furball 8 Member

I have Furball #8 from the SS song "Eight Balls of Fur". What can I say? I love Eight Balls of Fur, and the furballs are just so cute!