The Face Of The Joker Revealed

mrsieve

Reaction score
My understanding was that Harvey Dent was being introduced in The Dark Knight, but we wouldn't see Two-Face until the end of the second, beginning of the third. I'm glad that Katie Holmes is out of the picture though.

If you highlight http://www.ibelieveinharveydenttoo.com ; you see nothing but HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...just beautiful.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
In the 1989 Batman, the Joker poisons Gotham by inserting "Smilex," some kind of nerve gas, into everyday products, such as cologne, aftershave and make-up. Once applied, the unwitting consumer will die with a hideous, Joker-like grin on his or her face.

Two of the Joker's victims are fashion models. The Joker makes a commercial that invades Gotham's airwaves, announcing his new product. The Joker is flanked by the two dead, smiling models, who lyp-synch his catchphrase: "Love that Joker!"

So I was quoting the models in reference to the new pic of Ledger's Joker.
Oh, I haven't seen that movie in forever. I like the part where the joker asked "Who are you?" And Batman responds "I am Batman." I get a kick out of that!:big_grin:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hmm...I really don't like the creepy joker look used here actually. I was hopeing they would go along with the style used by Alan Moore in The Killing Joke. He was so frighting, yet zany there. Here he just seems...deformed.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Hmm...I really don't like the creepy joker look used here actually. I was hopeing they would go along with the style used by Alan Moore in The Killing Joke. He was so frighting, yet zany there. Here he just seems...deformed.
In an interview with Christopher Nolan, he said he wanted to go with a more "deformed" look for the Joker, as if his face were carved up, and rather crudely put back together. Don't know if he plans to use the Joker's "origin" story (as found in The Killing Joke and other Batman comics). Nolan also said the Joker's actual costume will be a ragged, patchwork ensemble, "taken from his various victims," as if he sewed them together himself.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
According to a rumor at the Batman on Film site, a teaser or trailer for The Dark Knight may be in theatres by December.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I suppose it's credible to think that he may first appear with this hideous scar, and then work it into his make-up/mask later.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I hope they don't stray too far from the comic/cartoon tellings of The Joker. He's such an important character that messing him up will mess up the whole series.

I also hope they don't kill him in the end like in the Tim Burton film. He's an arch nemesis--important to keep ol' Batty going.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Here is a new great look at the Joker's face.
That's awesome!

I read over at Joblo (a great site for upcoming movie talk) that Anthony Michael Hall (16 Candles, The Breakfast Club, Edward Scissorhands, TV's The Dead Zone) has signed on to play Edward Nygma in the 3rd film. The alter ego of Nygma is of course the Riddler. Batman III's villians will supposedly be Two-Face and the Riddler. Let's hope they're not as over-the-top or campy as they were in Batman Forever. Jim Carrey was good as the Riddler, but Tommy Lee Jones completely destroyed the Two-Face character.