1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

The Facepalm and/or Headdesk Thread

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by D'Snowth, Sep 26, 2014.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I went to Sally's this afternoon because I was in need of a new comb since mine has been losing its teeth (yes, I actually have hair underneath the cap I grew); anyway, after I made my purchase and I was heading out the door, I happened to see $13 packs of the exact kind of hair I was looking for when I first built Easter Egg years ago and had to settle for a $50 wig that I didn't even like but it was the closest thing I could find at the time.

[​IMG]

miss kermie and Katzi428 like this.
  2. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

A few weeks ago I told my mother about my niece wanting to work for a company when she graduates. (My niece & I are very close & Email back & forth) So we saw her(my niece) last night & my sister was telling my mom about my niece wanting to work for the company. My mom acted like she never heard anything about it!(My mom isn't forgetful .I just don't know what happened.):mad::rolleyes:

3. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

I was reading Fosters fan-fictions, someone decide to make gore fanfic.

4. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

My Step-mom posts pictures of me on Facebook and calls me "Ms. J" In the post. Her sister/my bestie/my aunt (who is my age) says,
    "OH, YOU'RE MS. J!" when I mentioned the pictures to her. *facepalm*

MikaelaMuppet and WalterLinz like this.
  5. D'Snowth

Did I not say it? Did I not say it?

I swear, you cannot get away from NPH! Just like Steve Carell, he only disappears long enough for you to breathe a sigh of relief, then he's shoved back into the limelight again.

6. Twisted Tails

Twisted Tails Well-Known Member

The introverts and extroverts are ignoring me. Ugh! I got no reponse on stories, work has gotting me nowhere and I am still not satisfied.
    [​IMG]

7. D'Snowth

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They're giving NPH another show.

Seriously, give us a break from this guy! And I don't mean that figuratively, I mean that literally, give us a break from this guy! He's not the only working person in Hollywood!

8. D'Snowth

Funny about the very last post I made in this thread . . . because NPH is getting another new show, this time it's straight-to-Netflix, and it's a series adaptation of A SERIES OF UNFORTUNATE EVENTS . . . wasn't the movie, like, a decade ago?

But anyway, here's the real reason I bumped this thread: how are people surprised that Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris broke up? I mean, really, how are people even surprised that a relationship involving Taylor Swift didn't last!?

9. Colbynfriends

Colbynfriends Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Am I in the right thread for this?

If not I'll come back later....

No really though had an incident today where on public transit right? There's spaces that by law should be cleared out for mobility devices (wheelchairs scooters etc) and the elderly / other people(s)s with disabilities. Driver was not very helpful and didn't attempt to tell anyone to move on behalf of myself and another passenger. Made me face palm like, isn't that part of their training and job?

[​IMG]

10. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

I'm really surprised this thread isn't more popular.

11. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

There are so many books in that series to work off of compared to that movie, which adapted only three. So we could have something more faithful to the books this time.

12. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I'm personally headdesking more that Shadowhunters is a TV series (on the least surprising of networks) when "The Mortal Instruments" flopped as a movie. Of course I saw the Midnight Screenings review of the film (for background noise working on something), and it sounds terrible. How much of a fanbase did they have if the movie flopped and it was considered good enough to make a TV series.

The thing about Series of Unfortunate Events as a movie is that is was one of those follow the leader to Harry Potter, as far as the movies go. It was clearly meant as a series of films, but didn't do well enough for a sequel. So like that glorified, aforementioned Harry Potter/Twilight slashfic movie, it was considered a better concept as a program than a film. And in SOUE's case, a better concept without Jim Carrey.

13. D'Snowth

[​IMG]

Once again, I find myself baffled by the sheer number of idiots out there . . . I mean, everytime Taylor Swift breaks up with a guy and then immediately hooks up with another, there's always a number of people out there who are all, "Good for her! She doesn't settle! She is so smart!"

Are people really that stupid?

14. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

I've always wondered about that. First of all, why don't guys stay far away from her at this point? They must know it's not going to last.

Secondly, why doesn't it ever last? I know it's not really any of my business, but still. Is she dating all these people because she's insecure? Does she act nice at first but is actually a jerk? Is it all just for publicity?

15. D'Snowth

I know right? I mean they actually made a big deal when Taylor and Calvin Harris actually celebrated a one-year anniversary, because that was a milestone for any relationship of hers.

As for why it never lasts, I've read different things from different guys she's been with - I think you may be right about insecurities, because many of them say they dumped her because she was smothering them with her clinginess and neediness, while others complained she wouldn't have sex with them. But as much of a narcissist as she is, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if she actually is a jerk and that has something to do with it as well.

Still, just the fact that there are people out there who always praise her everytime she hooks up with a new guy, because it somehow shows she's "so smart" because she "doesn't settle" is mind-boggling.

16. vettech28

vettech28 Well-Known Member

So a client of a very obnoxious Rottweiler said this to me, "if you find any females available, call me" because of course, it's an unneautered male!

*Headdesk big time!

Why do owners like this exist?! They irritate me to no end!

17. D'Snowth

Money. My sister's one of 'em.

18. D'Snowth

19. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

I had many plans for this summer. I was about to go to the Center of Puppetry Arts, the Smithsonian, CTW (and other Muppet archive places) archives, and the list goes on...
    Then I found out my cousins are staying over for about a month any many of those plans are now going to be cancelled because we have to ''go to other places with them.''

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

Disappointments are a regrettable fact of life. No nice way to sugar coat it, but in life, crap happens.
    But sometimes when we don't get what we want right now, we get something better later.