The Facepalm and/or Headdesk Thread

mr3urious

Reaction score
Funny about the very last post I made in this thread . . . because NPH is getting another new show, this time it's straight-to-Netflix, and it's a series adaptation of A SERIES OF UNFORTUNATE EVENTS . . . wasn't the movie, like, a decade ago?
There are so many books in that series to work off of compared to that movie, which adapted only three. So we could have something more faithful to the books this time.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm personally headdesking more that Shadowhunters is a TV series (on the least surprising of networks) when "The Mortal Instruments" flopped as a movie. Of course I saw the Midnight Screenings review of the film (for background noise working on something), and it sounds terrible. How much of a fanbase did they have if the movie flopped and it was considered good enough to make a TV series.

The thing about Series of Unfortunate Events as a movie is that is was one of those follow the leader to Harry Potter, as far as the movies go. It was clearly meant as a series of films, but didn't do well enough for a sequel. So like that glorified, aforementioned Harry Potter/Twilight slashfic movie, it was considered a better concept as a program than a film. And in SOUE's case, a better concept without Jim Carrey.

D'Snowth

Reaction score

Once again, I find myself baffled by the sheer number of idiots out there . . . I mean, everytime Taylor Swift breaks up with a guy and then immediately hooks up with another, there's always a number of people out there who are all, "Good for her! She doesn't settle! She is so smart!"

Are people really that stupid?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Once again, I find myself baffled by the sheer number of idiots out there . . . I mean, everytime Taylor Swift breaks up with a guy and then immediately hooks up with another, there's always a number of people out there who are all, "Good for her! She doesn't settle! She is so smart!"
Are people really that stupid?
I've always wondered about that. First of all, why don't guys stay far away from her at this point? They must know it's not going to last.

Secondly, why doesn't it ever last? I know it's not really any of my business, but still. Is she dating all these people because she's insecure? Does she act nice at first but is actually a jerk? Is it all just for publicity?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I know right? I mean they actually made a big deal when Taylor and Calvin Harris actually celebrated a one-year anniversary, because that was a milestone for any relationship of hers.

As for why it never lasts, I've read different things from different guys she's been with - I think you may be right about insecurities, because many of them say they dumped her because she was smothering them with her clinginess and neediness, while others complained she wouldn't have sex with them. But as much of a narcissist as she is, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if she actually is a jerk and that has something to do with it as well.

Still, just the fact that there are people out there who always praise her everytime she hooks up with a new guy, because it somehow shows she's "so smart" because she "doesn't settle" is mind-boggling.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
So a client of a very obnoxious Rottweiler said this to me, "if you find any females available, call me" because of course, it's an unneautered male!

*Headdesk big time!

Why do owners like this exist?! They irritate me to no end!

gravy

Reaction score
I had many plans for this summer. I was about to go to the Center of Puppetry Arts, the Smithsonian, CTW (and other Muppet archive places) archives, and the list goes on...
Then I found out my cousins are staying over for about a month any many of those plans are now going to be cancelled because we have to ''go to other places with them.''

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Disappointments are a regrettable fact of life. No nice way to sugar coat it, but in life, crap happens.
But sometimes when we don't get what we want right now, we get something better later.