The Fairly OddParent's 10th Anniversary/TV-Movie

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
Did anyone watch the live-action TV special, "A Fairly Odd Movie: Grow Up, Timmy Turner!"? I haven't watched the whole entire thing, but from the parts I saw, it kept me interested to see the portrayal of characters. Also, it's great that they are bringing new episodes to the current show line-up which has turned to crap recently.

beakerboy12

Reaction score
I watched it! It rocks! I really love the acting by Drake Bell and Daniella Monet! I really think the writers and actors did a really good job portraying the characters!

SSLFan

Reaction score
Yeah I saw it. I thought it was okay, overally I'd give it a C+. Was this like the series finale? If so it was a okay ending to an awsome series. I admit I grew out of it the last 4 years or so, so I was kinda new to seeing Cosmo and Wanda with a son now, Lol. Props to Drake Bell who did a pretty good Timmy.

Same goes for Darren Noris (Cosmo) who not only voiced Timmy's dad in the cartoon, but performed him live-action this time. I gotta admit the film felt like it was "trying too hard" to capture the same spirit of the cartoon and at the same time feel realistic. Not to mention it was A LOT of OVER-acting. And, IMO, the actors for Chester and AJ weren't as good.

It also felt rushed. Maybe and extra 30 minutes would have been nice.
:sigh:

beakerboy12

Reaction score
For me, it felt longer then the 1 hr. length it had. I really thought it was good! Although, I agree with SSLFan, a lot of the actors overacted. Except for Timmy, Tootie, Cosmo, and Wanda, the characters were pretty cheesy, especially Chester and AJ!

Erine81981

Reaction score
I thought it was pretty cool to see a live action version of it and all the actors did an awsome job in protraying the characters so well. The actors who did Chester and AJ weren't all that great. I figured that AJ would of had a better looking car or was that Chester's car? Anyway i did like how that did Crocker's character. He did awsome and the whole phone converstion was funny too. Just maybe they might do more or even other Nicktoon shows. I would love to see a Rugrats or even a Ahhhhh Real Monsters.

Edit: I think it would be cool to see another one with Timmy being 10 years old or even one at the age of 13. That just means they could do one with the Alien dude coming to earth and all doing other things or even on with The Crimsin Chin.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm gonna have to wait for the WELL overpriced MOD DVD to hit amazon. I don't see why they can't release this thing to ACTUAL DVD that's on sale somewhere at a competitive price, like they do EVERY time Spongebob has a new episode...