The Final Fantasy fans Thread

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Now I know that there is a Video game tread that has not seen the light of day in ages, but this is not just talking about the Final Fantasy games, it is talking all things FF.

I got introduced to the series with FF 7 witch many would say is still the best game in the entire series. It took me several years to fine about about the earlier games 1-6 and I am still playing through them. Right now I'm in the middle of playing Final Fantasy 4 the after years, and love the game.
So does anyone play these games or am I the only one?

Slackbot

Reaction score

Hah! I played the original Final Fantasy back when it was the new thing on the NES. I had fun making up parties; my best one was: Black Mage, White Mage, Fighter, Red Mage. I like the remake, with new graphics and music that doesn't sound so dated.

I've played all the numbered, non-MMORPG Final Fantasies that have been released in the US, plus Chocobo's Dungeon 2, Final Fantasy Tactics and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, and Theatrhythm Final Fantasy. My favorite far and away is FF9. The characters, the story...just wow. I even made a website dedicated to it, The ViviSection, with my fan fiction and art.

I have Vivi dolls, sculptures, keychains, figures, and a piece of commissioned artwork, plus some of the above of the other FF9 characters. I have many Final Fantasy soundtracks, plus compositional albums such as The Black Mages and several symphonic recordings. When the Dear Friends tour came to my city, I of course went to it. It was great seeing people of all kinds--little kids, grungy teens, adults in 3-piece-suits and moogle tie tacks--and hearing the chocobo theme being played by the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra.

I've also spent an embarrassing amount of money on my Final Fantasy doujinshi collection. It centers on FF9, but there are bits of the others sprinkled in there. Doujinshi are comics made and published by fans. They're huge in Japan, with conventions dedicated just to them; in the US such fans would be sued into oblivion. The quality varies, from "meh" to amazing.

So, yeah. I like Final Fantasy. I wish they'd remake FF7; its story and gameplay is way too good for its laughable graphics.I'd like a HD version of FF9 too. FF8, however, can go hang. Ugh.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Oh yeah--I used to be a regular 8-Bit Theater reader, and contributed a few guest comics, including the infamous "Staff-Chucks for Christmas" strip. I also participated in a lot of the Flash animations by Meddros, contributing art and editorial nitpicks. I think you can still find those Flash thingies on Newgrounds.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I would have to say out of the first three games that 1 is my all time favorite. The only problem i have with a lot of the remakes is that they make level grinding almost to easy. I like a little bit more of a challenge when having to grind for levels.