1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The Foam Book

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by fishbone, Jun 3, 2002.

1. GBR

GBR New Member

I ordered the Foam Book through Amazon and it just arrived yesterday! I'm very excited to start building!
  2. Greenlantern999

Greenlantern999 New Member

I just got a copy of the foam book off amazon, to be honest it was disappointed when I opened it, it just wasn't what I was expecting, but that said after reading it through it is very inspirational. And it teaches you lots of cool tricks! I ended up using my bank points to purchase the book so I basically lost nothing on buying it but I would have been happy to pay full price for it given all the crazy and great ideas I have already from it!
  3. Katana

Katana New Member

So I just finished reading the book. My feeling is that a beginner with no craft experience might have trouble with it. Alot is left to the creator's ability to interpret with no clear directions or patterns to follow. The writer's do say that their ability to clearly draw an example was lacking, but I thought the illustrations were clear enough for me, but i have a history of product model making, machinist work and as an illustrator....so it wasn't a great stretch.
  4. Speroangelus

Speroangelus New Member

mrfnydude likes this.
  5. mrfnydude

mrfnydude New Member

6. mrfnydude

mrfnydude New Member

Thank you for That DVD. I am a beginner and looking forward to trying the techniques. The Book is great but the DVDS are perfect for someone like me.