1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The Fourth Semi-Annual Official Muppet Central Forum Awards Ceremony

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by theprawncracker, Feb 16, 2008.

1. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

Beth: Nice to see Mokey up there presenting an award
    Abby: She looks pretty tonight

*a few rows ahead*
    Red: Woo-hoo! Yay Mokey! *stops when Gobo gives her a stare* Oh, Mokey didn't win an award? Oops. Um, carry on!
  2. TogetherAgain

TogetherAgain Well-Known Member

OOOH! YAAAY! <dances a bit> Thank you, Storyteller. Thanks, voters! Now you guys are gonna go and make me feel all guilty for not posting in a while. I guess I'll have to see what I can do about that... One of these days.
  3. redBoobergurl

The sooner the better Lisa, we're waiting anxiously!
  4. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Big Bird: (turns to Abby) Hey, Abby. I don't know about you, but I'm a bit hungry. Since we're at a break, do you want to go with my to the buffet table?
  5. redBoobergurl

Abby: Sure Big Bird! I'm hungry too. Wonder if Cookie Monster is around, I hope he doesn't eat all the food!
  6. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Hey! Has anybody told Lisa she won an award? Guess not, there's no ear-splitting squeeeeee coming from her section of the audience.

Fleet Scribbler: Here's a scoop for all you Muppet fans. There's an award called the Platinum Pen or Keyboard for favorite fanfic author. This year, the award goes to Lisa or TogetherAgain.
    http://i27.tinypic.com/27zxlcl.jpg

But the real scandal is that there was a duplicate trophy made for this same category... And it is with great honor that I award that...
    http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...latinumpen.png

To Catherine or Aunt Ruahnna for her masterpiece Kermie's Girl tying for Golden Book. *A tear starts to form in the corner of his eye as he sees Piggy's expressionless face, sad yet knowing full well the ramifications of what his current though altered accuracy articles are doing to her.
  7. TogetherAgain

TogetherAgain Well-Known Member

TWO awards? WHEEEEEEE! Thanks, everybody! <runs around in attempt to hug everyone in the room>
  8. BeakerSqueedom

BeakerSqueedom Active Member

[Claps for the winners]

Awesome.
  9. The Count

Ooh... Then you'll love this. Boober, please take the stage...

Boober: Do I have to?
    Yes... Besides, how else are we going to get Sidebottom to appear?
    Boober: No! Not him! Please, anything but that.
    But we need him. You're part of a duo... The dueling faces of comedy and tragedy.
    Boober: Oh... All right.
    The usually downtrodden Fraggle wakes up that silly side of his mind tucked away in the darkest of corners.
    Sidebottom: Laugh your cares away... Worries for another day... Let the Fraggles play... Down at Fraggle Rock!
    *His voice gets stronger as he takes the forefront of Boober's personality.
    Sidebottom: Hi there folks. I'm here to give out the Gags Beasley award for funniest fanfic.
    And this time around, it goes to Men Are Pigs by Ryan Dosier or that prawncracker guy. He makes me laugh every time he posts something new.
    http://i25.tinypic.com/xfby1h.jpg

*After this, Boober shakes his fun side back down to the bottom.
    Boober: That's enough! And now, to restore the true reverence of why we're here... The Book of Tears award goes to A Heart of Gold by Lisa 'TogetherAgain.
    http://i26.tinypic.com/2eeedr7.jpg

*Boober leaps off of the stage, careful not to tug his tail on the footlights as he returns nervous for what just happened to Kim's section of the seats.
  10. Muppet Newsgirl

Muppet Newsgirl Active Member

Scooter: Erin, get in here! The RHLC got the award!
    Erin: (running in, hastily throwing press pass and notebook onto a table) Sorry, I got tied up at the paper! (takes certificate) Hope I'm not too late to say something, but...on behalf of the other members of the Richard Hunt Lovers' Club, I would like to say thank you...and on behalf of our beloved Richie, I'd like to say "Your face!" (bows, and goes to find a seat with other roommates)
  11. The Count

*Laughs heartily now that the gang's all here

A yellowish Fraggle bonces upwards, red bushy pigtails flying behind her head, following her aerial acrobatic leap as she lands with a firm thud on the boards.
    Red: Ha... Beat that Gobo! Oh yeah. I'm here to hand out the award for best fanfic nagger, otherwise known as the Too Much Free Time on their Hands trophy. And it goes to... What? Just a piece of paper? Please, I have better and bigger leafs than that back at... Oh uh, sorry. Yeah, the award goes to our fanfic lovin' fool, Ed Castle or "The Count"!
    http://i32.tinypic.com/167tswl.jpg

*Red hugs and then cheers and whoopees wildly before she runs off to hold Gobo's hand again in the madness of Muppet elation.
  12. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

13. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Man, you two really ARE cleaning up... and Toga too...

I'm beginning to believe Daniel's right, this ain't no coincidence... I'd say this year's awards are fixed!

ALERT THE MEDIA! MUPPET CENTRAL AWARDS ARE FIXED!
  14. Teheheman

Teheheman Well-Known Member

I don't wanna hear it, YOU won some awards too. So, it's not like you hadn't won anything.

Daniel
  15. Let's make this my speech:
    I'm humbled and amazed at the enthusiasm, heart, tenacity, and talent of the muppet fans on this forum. I joined the forums many, many years before The MuppetCast was even a hint of a thought. Even way back then, Muppet Central was a favorite website. Now that it's an unofficial home to The MuppetCast, well you can imagine it means a lot to be recognized and recieve these awards. Thanks so much everyone!

I'll let the time and TLC that went into producing the awards show serve as anything more that I could possibly say. Hope you all like it!
  16. And how's about this. Since there seems to be some bickering about the voting system (gee, where have I heard that before), next year I'll host the voting on a separate website. Voting via email usually isn't a great system, so that way we'll have a better system in place. Not trying to push a system on anyone, but I'll simply put that option on the table to accept or reject.
  17. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Hey, I never said I never won anything, yeah I won two awards that I'm pretty darn proud of, but you got to admit, Count and Prawnie are CLEANING UP this year, and you're the one who said it's not a coincidence just because they're the ones running the thing this year.

What does that spell? Fixed.

Uh, I mean... CONGRATULATIONS COUNT AND PRAWNIE1
  18. The Count

Yaey! Here here! Good speech man. *Enjoying listening to Jim's characters on the MCR headphones/plugin I brought to entertain myself backstage from time to time.

So moving on...
    Bunsen: Good evening. We here at Muppet Labs have worked tirelessly to bring you a better MC awards ceremony. Which is why I am positively tickled pink like my friend Claudia to bring to you our latest honoree. This one is for Light Reading, fanfic stories shorter than five chapters or so. *Proceeds to plug in the book socket to the lamp. And now you too can enjoy some light reading thanks to our portable pluggable books. Simply insert the book of choice, and you'll have just enough light to read that last paragraph or two before dozing off to bed. Oh, what's that Beakie? Yes... The winner is Magical Moments by Beth Kondrick known as redBoobergurl.
    http://i30.tinypic.com/15zk3ew.jpg

Do come up here and accept this award dear Ms. Beth. *Cheers come from the ghouls and fiends in Ed's section for Beth.
  19. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Aww, yay for RHLC! Fer sure, you like us, you really like us! :flirt:
  20. anythingmuppet

anythingmuppet New Member

Hey man, what's wrong? :( I didn't win a single thing and I can still have a decent time at an awards show I put some effort into AND got chastised for the quality of said efforts! :smirk:

Now, let's try to be a little more positive, please, a lot of us worked hard to try to make this into a nice little (although a bit delayed) ceremony, so smiles, everyone. :)

And congrats to the newest winners! ;-)