1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The Fourth Semi-Annual Official Muppet Central Forum Awards Ceremony

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by theprawncracker, Feb 16, 2008.

1. Muppet Newsgirl

Muppet Newsgirl Active Member

Beige: (trying to whistle while munching on Doozer sticks, and failing miserably)
    Nora: Hey, Beige, it might be better if you swallowed the sticks first.
    Beige: (swallow) Aw, where's the fun in that? (to stage) Go Beth!
    Scooter: (looking at users box at bottom of screen) Wow...this place is packed to the roof tonight.
    Erin: Well, why not? It's one of the big nights of the year.
  2. Teheheman

Teheheman Well-Known Member

I know, but I was just saying that you shouldn't complain about people cleaning up and it being "fixed" if you won something. It's not a big deal, I'm having an ok time(although I didn't get my invite in the mail, and I had to sneak in behind Big Bird to get into the show) and it's not that bad of a show. Congrats to all the winners.

Daniel
  3. Luke

Luke Active Member

Course it isn't fixed, Count and Prawnie are Muppet fans and i'd like to think its not in the spirit of Jim for anyone to suspect that of one of "our own", though Snowth was obviously just joking. This was just a case that the only people who bothered to vote were just one group of friends. However i think Steve has a point - whether it is hosted on Muppetcast or MC, it should be a poll where everyone can vote more easier next time (once per category for pre-nominated people) and i think it'd be fun if people could see the results and campaign for their friends and nominated choices - the Muppet elections thread was fun that way. There are waaaaaay too many categories though, probably put people off voting!

This was just a bit of fun though, and i think everyone who won was well deserved and enjoy it! I can't wait to hear it all on the Muppetcast!
  4. TogetherAgain

TogetherAgain Well-Known Member

Oh, wow... Thank you! I must say that, considering I distinctly remember beating my chest with guilt after posting at least one chapter of Heart of Gold because of what I'd done to the characters... I am very grateful for this award. And I can assure you that if- no, WHEN- I get back to this story, there is more sadness on the way. ...<shifty eyes> <ahem> And a happy ending, eventually, but that's a loooooong way away... <runs from naggers and hides under seat>
  5. anythingmuppet

anythingmuppet New Member

Yeah, you said it, man. I don't, in any way, shape or form, think that they'd 'fix' the awards, the idea is just ludicrous; what would they have to gain? They're already some of the most applauded fellas around here so there's no doubt that they wouldn't cheat. Geez.

I too am greatly looking forward to this evening's audio version of the ceremonies; it certainly is different! :)
  6. BeakerSqueedom

BeakerSqueedom Active Member

Offended by a comment I made earlier, Anythingmuppet?
    Pardon, pardon, and pardon.

Was being playful in all the wrong ways.
    People know me as being a bit of a joker...

So sincere apologies.
    :p

Guys, do not worry.
    13 people voted, so it's all really based on the results.
    They did not "fix" the awards, as AM and I worked hard in doing the awards.
  7. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Well yeah... If more people had voted perhaps the results would've differed somewhat. The reason we did the voting this way this year was because of last time. After the endless obnoxiousness of some members who will not be named campaigning for themselves, I told Prawn that there had to be a better way of getting the voting done secretly or privately. Maybe for next year's awards we can do it via a poll that shows who voted for which nominee. Or do it at a place that'll accept more than just the one vote per person rule. Hope you guys can understand. And hey... If you don't vote then you can't blame the people who win these things. But let's reflect upon the positive and fun we've had as these are coming to a close.

Wembley: Wow... That's a tough act to folow for a simple Fraggle like me. So I'll just give this certificate for the greatest Wemblin' Fool to Lisa 'TogetherAgain.
    http://i27.tinypic.com/2uzqjvm.jpg

*Sits down next to Gobo and Kate after he hands over the honor, pondering over the simpleness of simply being a Fraggle.
  8. TogetherAgain

TogetherAgain Well-Known Member

<crawls out from under seat>

Me? A wembler? I am? Well, gee, if you guys think so... I don't know, though, am I really? I guess I kind of am... Well- Thanks for the award, everybody! I think...
  9. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

Abby: Beth you won an award!
    Beth: I did! Gee, how'd I miss that? *runs to the stage* Thank you! I have fun writing short little stories sometimes and I'm just thrilled that someone appreciated my modern twist on the Gift of the Magi. Thank you one and all!
  10. BeakerSqueedom

Claudia:
    [Screeches girlishly]
    BETH! MAGICAL MOMENTS! EEEE!

WEMBLIN' FOOL!

I love you people. X)
  11. The Count

Yeah... Guess that one vote clinched it for you. Still hoping that twist I gave you makes it to the fanfic forum. But that's not why you won, it was an honest vote that got you the award Beth.
    *Hugs his cyber-cousin.
    *Gets distracted by Lisa's rambling.
    Hee... That's what the award's for, Wemblin' Fool, the randomest rambler.

And now time for the last award of the night...
    Scooter... 15 seconds to, no, you're on now!
    The Muppet Theater's orange-skinned gofer rushes upwards onto the stage in his sneakers to deliver his shpiel.

Scooter: Thanks boss. Here we are, saved the best for last. Our final honor goes to the one person who's done the most to show that they have the greatest hopes for the Muppets' continued prominence. The recipient of the Keepin' the Flames Alive is none other than... Mr. Steve Swanson!
    http://tinypic.com/flek.php?f=1zokq2v&s=2

Now to sit back and hear how the audio version of the show turned out. Uh Steve, you there buddy? Not sure as we haven't heard the audio as having been uploaded to the site yet.
  12. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Alright, alright, I was being a doofus again, my bad!

Meanwhile...

GHOST ALVIN: Hey, we didn't get an invite either! Everybody knows that a party isn't a party without Alvin Seville!
    GHOST SIMON: And what kind of party would that be, Alvin, a slumber party? (Chuckles)
  13. BeakerSqueedom

Awww, Snowthers, don't yah say that!
    [Eyes widen at the chipmunks]

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

[Jumps out the window]
  14. The Count

*Before everyone starts to leave, a trashcan lid flies open. That scruffy greenest grouch emerges from within wearing a grungy tux.

Oscar: Hey, where d'ya think you're going? There's still one more of these disgusting trophees to hand out. And this one's da best of 'em all. To that crazy Prawn person... For putting this year's shindig together, again. Heh...
    *Gets a few laughs from the people who get the joke on the halves' names.

And of course, with this award ceremony came all the trashy reviews and critiques... Which made this grouch's night all that much more memorable. Here ya go kid, the Nothin' But an Old Windbag award.
    http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...awnmeister.png

The last trophy secured by its winner, the citizens of town wait to hear the playback of this year's festivities on the Muppetcast. Ed huddles with his hands near Autumn, not knowing about his performance thinking it could've been better.
  15. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

*Wonders if Count knows he must have mistyped the URL or something, as it comes up as "file cannot be found".

GHOST ALVIN: If I didn't know better, I'd say that Mexican chick doesn't like us!
    GHOST SIMON: She's COLUMBIAN, Alvin.
    GHOST ALVIN: Same difference.
  16. The Count

Huh? Wha? Nick AM! Get here buddy. And hey, who let those chips in here? This is Muppets and MC only.
  17. anytimepally

anytimepally Active Member

Statler: This ceremony's gotten a lot better.
    Waldorf: It's been over for fifteen minutes.
    Statler: That's what's better about it!
  18. Ruahnna

Ruahnna Well-Known Member

Ru: (Rather disheveled, rushing onto the stage) Oh! I'm late--I'm so sorry I'm late! But I'm here! I'm here and I'm so happy for the Kissy-kissy award! (Wiggles fingers at Kermit, who blushes and waves back, and blows kisses to Miss Piggy, who is preening for reporters and ignoring her.) I just want to say, you all should get the "Muppet Fans with the most patience" award for hanging in there with me while I throw down words in fits and starts. It means a lot to me, folks--truly it does.
    Thank you. And remember--the world can not have too much frog-pig snuggling!
  19. The Count

*In our seats...
    You think she found the subtle hint and irony of Fleet's presentation yet?
    Autumn: No, let's let her enjoy herself reading all that's happened here while she was gone.
  20. anythingmuppet

anythingmuppet New Member

Whoops, sorry fellas, I don't really know what happened and am not to be counted liable as such...

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d172/nickguy505/Awards/fordaprawnmeister.png

This should be correct.
    Sorry I was late, Apple's big boo-boo with iTunes 7.6 deleted all my songs and I was trying to recollect them all. The songs were as scattered all over the place like Scrooge McDuck's money as the Beagle Boys are robbing him penniless.

*sighs* It's been such a long night...