The Fraggle Rock/Land of Gorch/Dark Crystal connection

beaker

Reaction score
That's right, an undefinable post.

I begin by wondering what is the connection between Fraggle Rock, Land of Gorch, and Dark Crystal? I seem to recall Terry once mentioned a Fizzwhig prototype from Dark Crystal was seen in an episode of FR(with Gobo singing) as were some plants, etc.

I also recall a Land of Gorch website believe it or not that drew a distinct connection between Land of Gorch(75/76) and the Dark Crystal Skesksis(1982) Now I know DC is Froud, and not really JHC in design...but still. Gorch is significant as it marks the first time JHC went a bit organic and edgier in looks for Muppet characters. This cross fusion of classic Muppets meets Creature Shop wouldnt happen until 1989 with the Jim Henson Hour.

For some reason I always envisioned a mighty epic Muppet film where Muppets, Fraggles, Sesame, etc alike band together to take on a menacing Skeksis threat.

I guess the closest we got was the Muppet Babies watching Dark Crystal.

Habidabad

Reaction score
The Land of Gorch was the first time the JHC used realistic eyes in their characters. These reptile-like creatures later became part of the inspiration for the Skeksis.

There was going to be an additional race of underground miners in TDC, but were scratched from the production. They later became the inspiration for Fraggle Rock.

:flirt:

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Cory,

That little Fizzgig type character was actually growling at Boober i think.
He didnt look too much like Fizzgig tho, He was small and had feather coing out of him.

see ya

Sidebottom

Reaction score
Warrick said:
That little Fizzgig type character was actually growling at Boober i think.
He didnt look too much like Fizzgig tho, He was small and had feather coing out of him.
No, I think it was Gobo. It was in the Great Outer Maze, wasn't it, in the episode "Gobo's Discovery"?

This sighting of Fizzgig, of course, proves that Sesame Street and Farscape take place in the same "universe". I'm serious. Anyone else see the connection? I'd award a prize if I had one.

-Sidebottom