The Funniest Commercial ever

RockSTAR girl

Reaction score
a hollowed out kermit plush.... (long silence........)

HHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!

beaker

Reaction score
Aw, I stand corrected! I was gonna say I dont think JHC would have ok'd this.

Btw, why such the drastic shift from cool mini plushes in UK to absolutely abhorrent mini plushes at the german mcdonalds?

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
Radionate is right here... sorry Beaker. Emtv let them use it, and JHC was furious... but what could they do?

To my recallection, the story whent: JHC gets a call from McDonalds Germany. They want to know if they can use Kermit. JHC said that it will cost such and such to fly over Steve and the Puppet of Kermit to Germany (and I am guessing there would need to be rehearsal time to get Steve to Parrot german Kermit for the ad). They wanted JHC to send over JUST the Puppet. Henson declined. A little later they agreed to send it over on a few conditions (can't remember what) but by then they whent over Henson's head and asked EMTV if it was okay to use an imposter Kermit for the add, which was a hollowed out Kermit the frog Plush doll. Okay......
Wow, that's pretty upsetting.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
couldn't they have done an ad with children playing with the Muppet toy's?

I find the ad a hoot! what's done is done i guess, get a laugh out of it;-)

Zack

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Zack the Dog
couldn't they have done an ad with children playing with the Muppet toy's?

That's a large protion of what they do here. They used to have these ones with carttoon characters interacting with the fake well groomed actors portraying the staff (the Tiny Toons and Animaniacs ones were hillarious)

Anyway, I want to know why they didn't just do that and use clips of the old show or something?

beaker

Reaction score
It's not just that EM and Mcdonalds went behind JHC's back to make a horrific commercial and even more horrific toys...but that website itself...muppets.de, SCARY! Just something about that whole site is such an eye sore.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Didn't see the commecrial, cursedly didn't have the plug in... I can only PICTURE how horrific it was from the little picture. Dead eyed Kermit????

Shudders...

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
That's a large protion of what they do here. They used to have these ones with carttoon characters interacting with the fake well groomed actors portraying the staff (the Tiny Toons and Animaniacs ones were hillarious)
hey could you tell me a little more about the Tiny Toon's ad's? sometimes they have children playing with the toy's if it's not reallty a big company toy, but when they had the Monsters INC toy's they had mike and sully in the MC'ds resturants.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Zack the Dog
hey could you tell me a little more about the Tiny Toon's ad's? sometimes they have children playing with the toy's if it's not reallty a big company toy, but when they had the Monsters INC toy's they had mike and sully in the MC'ds resturants.
As far as I can remember, the Tiny Toons one was this family in a car at the drive thru. At one point, the father orders:

"I'll have a big Mac, a large fries and..."

He's interrupted by Plucky Duck

"and one Hundred Happy meals"

The father replys
"One Hundred Happy meals... I mean ONE happy meal"

But it was too late, there was a hundred of them being delivered...
The Animaniacs ones were funnier.

Hey.. does anyone remember the Dinosaurs Happy Meal commercial with the Dinosaurs in it.

"AAAAAGH!! FRAN!! I had a terrible nightmare that the cave kids were all giant!"

radionate

Reaction score
I've actually got a lot of McDonalds commercials on video. One of my goals, when I have more time then I know what to do with, is to dub them all onto one tape.

It's so much fun to relive some of those commericals from long ago. I'll never forget how excited I was when I saw the Muppet Babies McDonalds commerical. I was on vacation in someone's RV. My parents had to race me out the next day to get a Happy Meal. That began an obsession with McD's that lastest for way to many years.

Happy Meals are like crack. It's a hard habit to break.