1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

The Funny Videoe Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Drtooth, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

...hopefully this doesn't exist already. if it does, someone take this video and add it to that thread for me.

But I decided to start one for the sake of this brilliant piece of comedy I just discovered hiding on the internet... a Canadian Home Shopping Network broadcast where they sell creepy "Anatomically Correct" baby dolls.

The best part is the woman who was so excited by the product she had to run to the phone and explain that she's not even near her TV and wants one of these things so bad. But yeah, old housewives drooling over the concept of creepy collectibles deep in the Uncanny Valley. That's pretty freaking funny on its own. But the fact they have to use slides instead of video with some curious narration (listen to how the seller gushes about the wrinkles on the back and bandage over the fresh cut belly button). All with the punctuation of bike horns and queries of "How do you like $39.75?"

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  2. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

This one is a big favorite with me and my friends:

3. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

4. Drtooth

UGH! Can someone fix my almost out of character typo?

Seriously... in cases of unintentionally funny, Retro Winnipeg is a goldmine!

Here's an offer to get free Kubasa (kielbasa) with ice skates! (I think I shared this one once)

Yeah... that was a legitimate promotion.

Here's a terribly cut commercial promo... just wait till you hear what it awkwardly sounds like she's saying.

And here's a furniture commercial that looks like it comes straight out of a comedy movie, but doesn't.

They beat the Cr[BEEP]ap out of the competition.

5. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

And speaking of home shopping clips, here's some of pre-Dirty Jobs Mike Rowe on QVC snarking on the crap he peddled. Amazing how clean and preppy he looked compared to his grubbier image today.

6. lmag42

lmag42 Active Member

...I wish I had flash...to watch these videos...

7. StevieOpossum

StevieOpossum Active Member

I honestly can't tell if this is a parody or not...

Dominicboo1 likes this.
  8. mr3urious

What a piece of shin that was. Jewish kids deserve better.

Oh wait, there's Shalom Sesame. :D

9. mr3urious

NBC undergoes some technical difficulties during the Orange Bowl in 1992. The random switch to the Japanese feed is what got me. :D

Though this one is a bit creepier, especially if you were a British preschooler back in '96. :eek:

10. lmag42

lmag42 Active Member

Why do you guys post stuff, but nothing shows up for me? Can anybody help? Is it flash? Because I just downloaded flash for my kindle fire hd. Is the kindle the problem instead? HELP!

11. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Funny but sadly true

The kindle fire hd does not support flash so you need to install both an older version of flash and an alternate browser for it. Don't ask me how to do that, I have no idea how but installing flash from adobe directly or installing some supposed flash app will not work. And if you did the latter I would get rid of it its probably malware.

12. Drtooth

Watch this video game reviewer go insane from boredom playing Sonic Shuffle:

13. lmag42

lmag42 Active Member

Ok, then can you post links to the videos? I would appreciate that.

14. Drtooth

Speaking of Technical difficulties

Takes 2 minutes to even put on elevator music, and the TD announcement lasts a good 4 minutes.

But that's not the funniest part... the video had this very insightful comment:

Wrinkled tapes seemed to be the big problem over there...

15. mr3urious

"Things That Look Cool Backwards":

This guy made a 6 parts out of it, but I really like part 2 for the fighting birds and his dog running at him and sitting down in reverse. And yes, every part ends with a toilet, too. :D

You know things are bad at your local station when even the technical difficulties get technical difficulties. :p

16. StevieOpossum

StevieOpossum Active Member

This is probably the only non-YTP Sonic Sez parody I've seen.

17. Drtooth

Before this becomes the technical difficulties videoe thread, here's one last one:

Not only does he forget that the mic's on, but he mumbles out a Senor Cardgage sounding "Yeah...oh brother" after some creepy, pervy heavy breathing

18. mr3urious

Since I'm the one who posted all those TD videos, I should be the one to break it.

Here's a hilarious short from Harry Partridge (LANGUAGE WARNING).

Also, this is all done in Flash but perfectly apes the limited Filmation/Hanna Barbera style. Why is this guy not working in the industry? :confused:

19. Drtooth

Compilation of every time Megatron says "Yesssssss" from Beast Wars:

20. mr3urious

Take the visuals away and it sounds like an Herbal Essences commercial starring Megatron. :D