1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

The Furchester Hotel WILL be on Youtube Nov. 14

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Drtooth, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

No crappy pirate sites for us! Officially supporting the show? OH YEAH!

jvcarroll likes this.
  2. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

I'm very excited for this.

3. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

I hope it has Sesame Street segments.

4. Drtooth

It doesn't. Even if it did, it's youtube and there's no shortage of Sesame Street classic segments on their already.

The series is immensely enjoyable, and better than most American produced segments. I almost wish they'd absorb it into the American series, but there's too much of it that's distinctly British.

But let's thank SW for deciding to share this series with us instead of making us look in less than reputable places to actually see any of it. It's great to see Louise Gold play a major Muppet character again.

jvcarroll and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  5. Drtooth

John Oliver and Cookie Monster remind you to watch The Furchester Hotel, and are separated by a common language

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  6. Drtooth

MIKEMIKEMIKEMIKEMIKE! Guess what day it is...

Nov 14... the first episodes are out.

See? Isn't this so much nicer than Too Many Cooks?

jvcarroll and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  7. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

But is it better than Too Many Cookies, the :insatiable: inspired parody on toughpigs?

Little t, that's exactly the kind of joke I'd expect from SW. And while I do like t, I prefer x, especially with bacon or sausages.

8. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

This is a nice little series. The hotel setting allows for a lot of colorful characters to interact. Elmo also doesn't come off as annoying and plays off the other characters nicely, which is what he's best at.

And I love how quickly both episodes flew by. I credit the lack of Dora-like fake interactivity for that. :)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
    jvcarroll and Muppet fan 123 like this.
  9. The Count

The thing is... I feel like someone wanted to reboot the Furry Arms Hotel but give it a Faulty Towers Britishness at the same time.

So either Louie or Mae are brother and sister to either Fergus or Penelope.
    Was that the Two-Headed Monster that pops up whenever the gong sounds for monster teatime? And maybe it's just me, but when that gong rang I expected a tall Muppet monster to show up saying "Yooou raang?" in a deep gravely voice.

In the third episode, I kind of feel there was a missed opportunity not using the song "Talk To The Animals". Also expected them to use the line "What we have here is a failure to communicate".

**Wonders if :super: gave :insatiable: tips on how to work as a waiter before :insatiable: was hired at the Furchesters.

10. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

From some article I read, it claimed Elmo's dad lived in London until he moved to America. Funella is his sister, apparently. But none of this seems to be explained in the show at all. And it's not the Two-Headed Monster; it's a group of 5 monsters (one of which is just the Narf puppet).

I kind of wish the series were...funnier. The Furry Arms had so many good jokes and gags. For example:

Humphrey: So, do you have any luggage?
    Sheep Guest: Yes sir, yes sir, three bags full.

That's a clever, good joke and I wish the Furchester had more of those kinds of moments, especially considering they have virtually their whole stock character library with them.

The Count likes this.
  11. The Count

Kinda figured it was a mass of nameless utility, er AM monsters, probably the Monster Clubhouse! variety that popped up in that teatime rush.

Good call on the sheep joke. Although that kind of leads to another point that should be made, don't mix anthro animal Muppet characters with straight-up animal Muppets.
    Mr. Owl: But I don't need to draw, you just heard me ask for a cup of tea!"

The fact the show is clearly taking place in the UK makes me wonder if at some point there'll be any Mopatops crossover, most probably not, probably only in our fannish attempts to connect every single Henson production in a way that explains Muppet cannon when there is none to begin with.

12. antsamthompson9

Here's Don't Eat the Guests. I love the Furchester!

jvcarroll and Muppet fan 123 like this.
  13. antsamthompson9

This is funny. Elmo wants that Bat-mobile!

14. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

I saw the "Animal Talk" episode online last night. I might watch more of I have time. I'll take a look at that clip of the characters on the Alan Titchmarsh show as well. Though I can't help but wonder how Cookie and Elmo can be on that show when they're still on "Sesame Street." They seem to be in two places at once. Lol.

15. antsamthompson9

This episode is fun.

MikaelaMuppet and jvcarroll like this.
  16. Skekayuk

Skekayuk Member

Have you spotted who's performing the Alligator in the bath :)

17. antsamthompson9

Check these out: , .

18. antsamthompson9

There's a special guest from the American Sesame Street in this episode:

19. Skekayuk

Skekayuk Member

I think us longstanding Muppetbuffs should find the yodelling epsiode somethng special. BlueFrackle Brownlow-Pike has a major part in it. Wow.

20. antsamthompson9

Here's the wonderful Christmas special.