The Future of Constantine

Princeton

Reaction score
Do you think that Constantine will have a life in Muppet films beyond MMW?

WalterLinz

Reaction score
Oh I definitely hope so...like what everyone else said here that Constantine's too good a character to be only used once.:smile:

That'd be wonderful if he will have a future like Walter.:smile: It'll make me wonder what kind of other schemes he'll be planning and what he'll be doing next with those "Mappets.":wink: You'll never know.:smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
He's a great character, but I couldn't see him being used much, unless he's a regular villain or the main focus. It would be weird to see a Kermit look-alike in crowd scenes, especially for people who aren't aware of the movie (currently I don't think there's anybody unaware of Muppets Most Wanted, but there could be in the future.... Though maybe you can say that for any of the movies).

Of course, I didn't think Miss Poogy would return after The Muppets, but she appeared in Muppets Most Wanted. Of course we haven't seen the other Moopets, most of whom look more identical to their Muppet counterparts. And Miss Poogy's role there seems more like puppet recycling than the character making a new appearance, except she's still got the same basic personality and performer, and the credits do list her by name (and the junior novel identifies Miss Poogy by name).

muppetlover123

Reaction score
I love Constantine i hope he sticks around because Matt finally has his own original character and hes so loveable

WalterLinz

Reaction score
Well here's probably proof that Constantine will still probably be around for future projects (skip to the 25:52 mark):

Gonzo14

Reaction score
I think Constantine can survive past MMW, but they'd have to use him just right. He wouldn't work as part of the gang, but that doesn't mean he can't work at all.

I'd love to see him do reviews of past Muppet Movies, mispronouncing names and saying how they're terrible because he's not in them, stuff like that.

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
Constantine and Walter are just too tailored to the movies they first appeared in to work as regular members of the Muppet gang. And yes, I included Walter in that statement because his entire backstory and character arc is contained in one film and outside of "The Muppets" he seems like such a superfluous character. And Constantine was great in "Muppets Most Wanted", but how much can you really do with a character like this, as funny as he is?

Drtooth

Reaction score
It depends on if there are any future project period. I think Constantine can be a member of the troupe, just one of the third or fourth stringers. Depending on the tone of the project. I say, if they're going for viral videos, more Constantine, please. There's less context there.

In could see him either as a minor annoyance from time to time, or maybe a Go Karting with Bowser situation where he's not really a bad guy, just in terms of that film.

As for Walter, I can see him clearly taking on the role of Scooter, with Scooter getting a well deserved promotion in universe. I can see Scooter as something as a mentor for Walter's internship role.

Princeton

Reaction score
I love Constantine i hope he sticks around because Matt finally has his own original character and hes so loveable
I hate to be 'that guy', but Matt is not all that great a performer. When I first heard his performances of both Uncle Deadly and Constantine, I assumed that Dave was performing them.

And yes, I included Walter in that statement because his entire backstory and character arc is contained in one film and outside of "The Muppets" he seems like such a superfluous character.
To add to this, the Muppets can really only sustain one true innocent character and that's Fozzie. So it felt like Walter was trying to encroach on that.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
I hate to be 'that guy', but Matt is not all that great a performer.
An "in my opinion" wouldn't go a miss there. :smile:

I wholeheartedy disagree with that statement and think Matt has been a fantastic addition to the Muppet crew over the years. He has seamlessly taken on some of the most beloved Muppet characters and created fantastic new ones. His ad-libbing on the press circuit was always spot on and the character of Constantine is, for me, up there with some of the best Muppet characters outside of the main cannon.

That said, I'm on the fence as to whether Constantine should come back in future productions. No reflection of the awesome work that Peter Linz did with Walter, but I felt that character was done with after "The Muppets" and kind of resent that he seems to have become part of the main cast. But, at the end of the day, I will accept the Muppets is any form they come in these days...except Studio DC, MWO and LTS - they really didn't do much for me...at all.