The Future of Constantine

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I think Constantine can survive past MMW, but they'd have to use him just right. He wouldn't work as part of the gang, but that doesn't mean he can't work at all.

I'd love to see him do reviews of past Muppet Movies, mispronouncing names and saying how they're terrible because he's not in them, stuff like that.
That would work. He could be the Sideshow Bob of Muppets. The villain that has appearances whenever possible.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That said, I'm on the fence as to whether Constantine should come back in future productions. No reflection of the awesome work that Peter Linz did with Walter, but I felt that character was done with after "The Muppets" and kind of resent that he seems to have become part of the main cast. But, at the end of the day, I will accept the Muppets is any form they come in these days...except Studio DC, MWO and LTS - they really didn't do much for me...at all.
The problem is that other than the odd Gag special and MMW, there really hasn't been much of a Muppet output to find the character's true place. I liked his role in MMW, but it could have easily been Scooter or Fozzie with Gonzo in Fozzie's role. Way I see it, he's got potential to be an intern if there was another Muppet TV show. I have no idea where he'd factor outside of it. But it would be a loss and an unfortunate implication if he just disappeared.

Again, both characters hinge on the possibility of what Muppet projects Disney would have in the future.

Princeton

Reaction score
His ad-libbing on the press circuit was always spot on
But Constantine is an original character, so the above statement is a little less admirable than, say, what Eric does with Fozzie. Eric was obviously a replacement performer for Fozzie and his performances of all of Frank's characters (in my opinion :wink:*) are not that great, but yet he has a perfect understanding of who Fozzie is.

*Now on the subject of great replacements, David Rudman's Scooter and Cookie Monster are a revelation.

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
I hope so. He was one of the best Muppet movie villains ever, in my opinion. And he has definite potential.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
I could see him being used in some episodes of the new show, just in short segments trying to cause problems, or as a skit like "Bear on Patrol" or something...

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
i they ever use him again i hope the muppets aren't dumb enough to mistake him for kermit again.