The FUTURE of puppetry in Television!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I agree with you 100% but let's face it, it's not like anybody can just come up with a new group of puppets, like "Cuppets" or "Juppets", becuase everyone will just say, "that's copying Jim Henson." or "That's not original." Everyone will just feel that the person is just living in Jim Henson's shadow.
Well that's true, but on the other hand there has always been room for similar yet different products, such as Disney and Warner Bros cartoons.

muppetfan89

Reaction score
Well that's true, but on the other hand there has always been room for similar yet different products, such as Disney and Warner Bros cartoons.
You have a good point, but cartoons are universal and have been popular for a long time, not only with Disney and Warner Bros., but also Hanna Barbara, and MGM. Puppets have had some popular, but it went beyond that when Jim Henson came around. My point is that no one can duplicate what Henson did.

I, myself, would one day like to start a puppet company and have my group of puppets just like my hero, Jim Henson. No matter how I may try though, I will never be as great, or even good as Jim Henson. Nobody will.

muppetfan89

Reaction score
You have a good point, but cartoons are universal and have been popular for a long time, not only with Disney and Warner Bros., but also Hanna Barbara, and MGM. Puppets have had some popularity, but it went beyond that when Jim Henson came around. My point is that no one can duplicate what Henson did.

I, myself, would one day like to start a puppet company and have my group of puppets just like my hero, Jim Henson. No matter how I may try though, I will never be as great, or even good as Jim Henson. Nobody will.

muppetfan89

Reaction score
You have a good point, but cartoons are universal and have been popular for a long time, not only with Disney and Warner Bros., but also Hanna Barbara, and MGM. Puppets have had some popularity, but it went beyond that when Jim Henson came around. My point is that no one can duplicate what Henson did.

sorry for the double post.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Hehe, I feel the same way about the Beatles, no one will ever be as good.

Though I imagine Jim Henson had heroes as well and while he admired them, he probably hoped to do better than them as well. Good mentors wish that for their fans. :wink:

Blinky_Fish

Reaction score
Actually,
If we took over the Discovery networks - We would be in pretty good shape - Who's got the plan?

muppetfan89

Reaction score
Hehe, I feel the same way about the Beatles, no one will ever be as good.

Though I imagine Jim Henson had heroes as well and while he admired them, he probably hoped to do better than them as well. Good mentors wish that for their fans. :wink:
I know this is going to sound corny, thanks for that. I actually feel pretty confident, that I can can go somewhere with my ideas. As the song says:

"Someday we'll find it.
The Rainbow Connection
The Lovers, the dreamers, and me."
:smile:

muppetfan89

Reaction score
thank you. I also wish you luck, in anything you do. Do you want to be a puppeteer?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Thanks! Oh well I've never really seriously considered it before, though there's always the occasional fantasy. :wink: At the moment I'm more of a video editing person. And actually it was the Muppets who helped inspire that in me. I've always loved watching documentaries, even as a little kid, particularly about the Muppets. I knew who Jim Henson and Frank Oz were at a very young age because of them, hehe.