The Future of Sesame Street

SSLFan

Reaction score
Can anyone predict the future of one of childhoods most beloved shows? What lies ahead for Big Bird and the gang?:cry: Also, even though 2 years away, what do you expect out of Season 40?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The show will probably revolve around both Elmo and Abby Cadabby by then (because Abby's already going to be in every episode this upcoming season, and they're not about to let Elmo die anytime soon), they'll probably still be trying to convince America that its children are too fat and need to stop eating so much candy and junk and start eating more fruits and vegetables, Miles and Gabi will probably go off to college, meanwhile Marco might be walking and talking since people seem to grow fast on Sesame Street, Big Bird will probably be in only one episode a season, and Elmo's World might be extended to a half-hour segment.

SSLFan

Reaction score
'Snowth, I really hope your wrong about the Big Bird thing. He's my favorite!:cry:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Sure hope you're kidding, Snowthy!:eek: Just because she's in every episode this season doesn't mean she's going to be the focus of every story, and it doesn't ever mean that she would even be in ever street scene, either, You know?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's what will happen... the producers and educators will find some stupid report about something and change the show to fit that criteria. Then they'll find some report that contradicts that report and change things again. Then the old School fans will complain we don't see any old characters in new apperances due to the fact the writers and puppeteers that made said characters are long gone, and none of the current people have a handle on writing for that character.

But here's what I hope to see. Abby Cadabby evolving into a very intense character, Elmo's world being phased out of the main show and being made into a sepperate show (Which will never happen), discovering a new animator in the lines of Sally Cruikshank, Mo Willems, or Bud Luckey.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I do agree that these reports by experts can't always be taken at face value.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The show will probably revolve around both Elmo and Abby Cadabby by then (because Abby's already going to be in every episode this upcoming season, and they're not about to let Elmo die anytime soon), they'll probably still be trying to convince America that its children are too fat and need to stop eating so much candy and junk and start eating more fruits and vegetables, Miles and Gabi will probably go off to college, meanwhile Marco might be walking and talking since people seem to grow fast on Sesame Street, Big Bird will probably be in only one episode a season, and Elmo's World might be extended to a half-hour segment.
Oh gosh,I hope Big Bird won't end up like Susan and rarely appear on the show.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't think so... I mean, I feel that Carol's gonna play the bird till the bitter end, and then Matt can take it over. Big Bird will always be the star, even if he has to share the spotlight with Elmo.

SSLFan

Reaction score
I agree. The day they drop Big Bird is the day I sue Sesame Workshop. HAHAHAHA!:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: