The Future of Sesame Street

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I've kind of wondered about that too. Luckily, even with Elmo's increasing popularity, they're still able to keep BB on the show on a regular basis, but now with Elmo and Abby both getting popular it does make me wonder how much airtime that would leave for the poor bird. But I agree with Drtooth and SSL. They show could never survive without that famous 8 foot canary. Hopefully, they'll work things out with that. I've also thought about this. It's sad to say it, but some day we might not have the classic humans, like Bob, Gordon, Maria, etc. Which is the main reason they have so many young people coming on the show now (Ex: Gina's son Marco, Susan and Gordon's nephew Chris.) They might grow up to take the place of the long time cast members. Miles and Gabi are sort of already heading that way. Just a few thoughts I had.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Susan and Gordon's nephew who's moving to Sesame Street this up and coming season.

But relax everybody, Big Bird is not going to leave. He's staying right in his good ol' nest where he likes it!:smile:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Susan and Gordon's nephew who's moving to Sesame Street this up and coming season.

But relax everybody, Big Bird is not going to leave. He's staying right in his good ol' nest where he likes it!:smile:
Yay!Big Bird is one of my favorite Sesame Street characters.:big_grin:.It'd be ashame to see him leave the show. :frown:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hey, I never said they were going to kill off Big Bird, or that Caroll and/or Matt were going to no longer play Big Bird, or anything like that, I was just saying that I predict with the way everything seems to revolve around Elmo these days, and many people's predictions about the same going to happen with Abby that the number of times Big Bird appears a season may decrease drastically to like maybe one episode or two or so.

SSLFan

Reaction score
I wonder...

...if Caroll Spinney does decide to retire, and they give Matt Vogel the position, do you think Matt will be credited as a separate muppet performer from the other performers like Mr. Spinney is still today? Or do you think Kevin Clash will take that position?:concern:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Don't know if Kevin would take that position or not, but have no idea about Matt either?