The Glorified Sock Puppet Pattern

puppetsmith

Reaction score
Thanks BuckyBits! When you finish, send us pictures for the gallery!

The other patterns, the Rotondo, Punto, and Ovale are more detailed in my opinion. Of course more is involved in the construction of the other patterns. The layout and structure of the instructions is the same.

Maybe some on the board here want to comment on how they have found the other patterns.

Thanks again for the support!

Melonpool

Reaction score
I bought the pattern today (the first pattern I've ever bought, actually) and plan to make a Kermit-like puppet by the end of the week. If anything, it's neat to see other techniques than the ones I'm used to. My working technique is basically a hybrid of Arm's Length/Tumbles Bear/Brodie and improvising along the way.

Steve

puppetsmith

Reaction score
Hope you enjoy it Melonpool! You too puppetise.

They go together quickly, don't they video567. I think this pattern would be great for kids (appropriately aged) to put together. It teaches the basics and it can be made in a relatively short period of time, leaving more time to play with the puppet.

Here's a tip for a kids pattern. You can use the scaling feature in Adobe Reader 7.0. Go to File > Print. That brings up the print dialog box. Click Properties, then click on the Layout tab and then the Advanced button. You'll see in that box a line that says Scaling: 100%. You can decrease the percent to make the pattern smaller in size - for kids! Print out page 6 of the file to test the size of the mouthplate in comparison to the child's hand - then you know if you have the right size.

wes

Reaction score
Feather help

I like the Feathers you used for Boobers Hair, where can I get them? I need them in White!

wes

Reaction score
Feather help

sorry double post!!

wes

Reaction score
yeah!!!!:smile: i can start on my puppet know!!

I look and could not find, I knocked and the door was opened:rolleyes: thanks my friend I needed this!!

mrhogg

Reaction score
This is a pretty sharp pattern. I build part of one (will post pictures soon) but gave it to my nephews before attaching arms. So now I need to build another... :smile: