1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The Glorified Sock Puppet Pattern

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by bezalel, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Thanks for posting a link to those feathers, Bezalel! Also, what grand prizes you've offered.

I ordered my pattern a little while back and look forward to getting it in. I love your patterns.
  2. puppetise

puppetise Member

mines done
    ready to send
  3. bezalel

bezalel New Member

Thanks Foz! Send it in puppetise!
  4. bdfuller

bdfuller New Member

I have all the Project Puppet Patterns. These are great patterns, reasonably priced and They are great people to work with. I don't frequent here often but stick my head in from time to time.
    BDF
  5. puppetise

puppetise Member

bezalel are you considering all patterns downloadable? it would be easier for us international ppl
  6. Kuriboh Man

Kuriboh Man Active Member

You Know This seems to Spark My Interest. I always wanted to make a puppet of my own. when is this Competition you know? It sounds Exciting!
  7. Kuriboh Man

Kuriboh Man Active Member

Inside The Cube Plot Figured out

I Finally figured out the Plot of My Show. it's a combination of Sam and Friends and The Land of the Gorch Segments on Sturday night Live. The Running of this show is like The Muppet Show. the puppets I Will Hopefully Make will lyp-synch to songs and comedy Audio, and Various TV Show Episodes. I will also pay Tribute to the classic sketches from Jim Henson's Early Days of the Muppets. This Show came from the Inspiration Of My favorite TV Shows Brandy and Mr. Whiskers, Catscratch, Spongebob Squarepants, and Family Guy.
  8. bezalel

bezalel New Member

Kuriboh, the contest is now! Project Puppet is accepting submissions through May 28, 2006.

Puppetise, The Forma Series patterns will stay as is, for now. The great thing about the Glorified Sock Puppet Pattern is that it was small enough to be printed on regular-sized paper from a home computer. The Forma Series patterns are larger in size and would not print easily. We considered all sorts of work around solutions, but none were as simple as just mailing out the full-sized pattern sheets. We will definitely have more of both types of patterns coming out in the future.

Thanks for the support, bdfuller!
  9. mrhogg

mrhogg New Member

Just to clarify, is it one submission per person?
  10. bezalel

bezalel New Member

I'm going to start a separate thread announcing the contest. Hope that's alright Foz. :)
  11. Sewing is a lot harder than I thought, and a lot more time consuming.
    A $300 puppet doesn't seem that expensive anymore. I'm glad we have lots of time!
  12. bezalel

bezalel New Member

Yes mrhogg, one submission per person. That means make ten puppets and send in the best one. :crazy:
  13. mrhogg

mrhogg New Member

I'm making a bunch of them for my show, so I was hoping I'd get to deluge you with submissions. :)
  14. puppetmancan

puppetmancan Member

looks neat, want to try it.
  15. whatadoddle

whatadoddle New Member

I,m halfway there with my first one..
  16. video567

video567 New Member

just curous if after we submit them to you can we post pictures of them here or on our websites also?
  17. bezalel

bezalel New Member

That was a tough question, video567. Since the judges are all members of MC, I guess it would be preferable if you didn't until after the ten finalists are chosen. But I can't tell you what to do. :)

Basically, by not posting pictures it would keep the contest more fair for everybody. I do have confidence that the judges will be impartial in their decisions even if they know who a puppet belongs to. If you do decide to post pictures of your submission before the judges have chosen the finalists, your entry will not be disqualified, as it breaks no contest rules.

Good question video567. :)
  18. BorkBork

BorkBork New Member

About the pattern, when printing, is 100% enough for a regular adult hand or do i have to enlarge it? My own hands arn't big, nor small but just average...
  19. BorkBork

BorkBork New Member

Wow, i am dyeing antron for the first time ever. I'm using the hottest tapwater, it is pretty hot. And i am uing my tup. Let's hope it doesn't pick up the dye tho, or my wife to be will be furious with me :o

I am using a dye called nitor. I followed the instructions and let's hope it turns out good. It's being soaked right now.

When i opened up that bag of antron i thought to myself, wow here is really a lot of this stuff. I am just using a fraction of it. There's enough for tons of puppets. It's about time i start using this stuff now. Well..wish me luck.
  20. bezalel

bezalel New Member

Hey BorkBork, 100% should be good. It should be automatically set at 100%. I always dye antron in hot tap water - it should come out just fine!