The Golden 'AN'

mikealan

Reaction score
I got this classic SS sketch you classic SS/Muppet fans have been talking about from SSetta, and it was used on Episode #2481, one of Schex's shows! It was where Lefty and his boss ran safe near the tan van and saved the golden 'AN'. Here's how I know it went:

Lefty's Boss: "I want you to take this golden 'AN' into that van and give that to Fran. You understand?"

Lefty: "Well, I hope I got this in my mind,...let's see...I'd put this golden 'AN' into that tan truck...uh, no, well, that tan van, and give that to Dan...no, wait! Er, well, Fran, uh..."

(A yellow policeman AM appears)

Policeman: "I'm Stan, and I'm a man. I saw you stealing that golden 'AN' from that can. Let's go."

Lefty: "Awww! I shoulda ran!"

(The policeman AM takes Lefty to jail, even though, it looks like a dad taking his child home!)

Vic Romano

Reaction score
This plays on MC radio from time to time. Great skit!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
the big bust

Very close. Lefty finally gets it straight that everything rhymes, just in time to get nabbed by the cop.

"I'm Stan. I'm the man. You'll get ten days in the can for stealing the Golden AN. Let's go."

"Aww, I shoulda ran!"

And you're right, Stan leads him off to jail just like a father taking his son home, without much of a fight.

Of course, Lefty could still make an appeal, maybe get ten cut down to three for good behavior. Who knows.

Xerus

Reaction score
Don't you think the cop gave Lefty a really light sentence? Only ten days in a can? He didn't even cuff Lefty. He could've easily run away.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
10 days in the can reminds of how easy our crimminal justice system is on people.

SesameMike

Reaction score
The plan was actually:

"I take the golden AN, and put it in the tan van. Which takes it to Dan, who takes it to Fran. That's the plan."

Earlier he goofed on parts of the plan. He said to put it in the tan truck, which takes it to Horace (where did THAT name come from?).